Marmot 3P Tents

bigfoot

I usually travel solo in the back country and I have been using the BA Copper Spur UL1; however, I am in need of a 3P tent. I will be getting a Marmot and wanted to know if anyone has experience with Marmot tents. I'm leaning toward the Eclipse or Stormlight. the Eclipse has some good headroom and is lighter weight. The downfalls are one entrance and one vestibule.

The Stormlight is heavier and is large in the pack, but made with more durable materials and 2 doors and vestibules.

I'm also wondering about the waterproofing of the marmot tents! Any personal use experience?

thanks

Last edited:
I have a Marmot Titan 3P that I use just for car camping. I got it cheap on Sierra Trading Post so it's kind of my beater tent that I don't worry about. I don't like how short it is. When I sleep solo in it, I'm going corner to corner. I am 6'4", but that isn't as much of a problem with my other tents (mostly Big Agnes). Otherwise, it has been a fine tent for what I use it for. I haven't been through more than a few storms with it and nothing too extreme, so no input on that front.

I have a Marmot 3P limelight version and I like it quite well. It's a killer to carry when doing solo backpacking, but has enough room for 2 people and small dogs. Setting it up is a breeze.