Lurker from Alberta

BadFoot

Hi,

I have been lurking on this site for a while, but I think that it is about time to join the community.

I am a Brit that has been living in Calgary, Alberta for the past 10 years, and I spend my free time hiking, backpacking, mountain biking and skiing in the Canadian Rockies. I took my first trip to Utah in 2009 to ‘do’ Arches National Park and bike the Slickrock trail, and was completely hooked by the red rock scenery. Since then, I have returned to the Colorado Plateau at least once a year (sometimes twice) to explore, and this site has informed and inspired me along the way. So thanks to everyone for the cool trip reports and discussion. Someday I will have to get around to posting a trip report of the Escalante/Bowington Road/Death Hollow backpacking trip we did back in November…

Calgary resident here too. Your "bio" reads much like mine, except that I came to Canada with my British parents as a toddler. Probably also like you- I found BCP whilst researching for one of our annual Colorado Plateau trips. Enjoying our current cold snap? :cold: As much as I like skiing- I've been dreaming of the desert.....
Posted a link to these pix from Nose Hill in the Winter thread last week:
https://steveriggs.smugmug.com/FrostedTrees-January6-2019

Calgary resident here too. Your "bio" reads much like mine, except that I came to Canada with my British parents as a toddler. Probably also like you- I found BCP whilst researching for one of our annual Colorado Plateau trips. Enjoying our current cold snap? :cold: As much as I like skiing- I've been dreaming of the desert.....
Posted a link to these pix from Nose Hill in the Winter thread last week:
https://steveriggs.smugmug.com/FrostedTrees-January6-2019

Hi Steve,

Cool photos. I have seen similar frosted trees up on Nose Hill - truly a winter wonderland! This cold snap is getting a bit tiresome though, and probably part of the reason why I have just got hold of some backpacking/car camping permits for the Maze at the end of March. It was a bit of a spur of the moment decision but should be fun!

Always glad for a lurker to not be a lurker anymore! Happy to have you and hear about your adventures!