Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster.

TractorDoc

Thought I'd finally "join" BCP after years of reading/enjoying everyone's trip reports, photographs, videos, etc.

I was fortunate to spend a lot of my 20s in the outdoors covering most of the 50 states with extended time in Hawaii, Alaska, and six months travelling the outback of Australia. Life responsibilities took priority over the last decade or so but I am back to a point when I can think more about travelling again. Living on 200 acres of rolling Midwest farm country offers plenty of interaction with nature, but being able to see new scenery and topography is something I look forward to. Some of my favorite/target areas are Yellowstone/Tetons, Cascades/Sierra Nevadas, and Utah's parks. . . I suppose most anything out West ;) .

Looking forward to contributing my own trip report in the near future. . . perhaps even running across other members in person. If you've made it this far thanks for reading!

Welcome! I'm just starting that point of my life where life responsibilities are taking up most of my time. So most of my travels and exploring are now behind me. Looking forward to some of your trip reports! =)

Thanks Mike!

I have no regrets about making an effort to get out and see the world when I was younger -- it is a recommendation I'd offer to anyone.
I'd scrape up enough money to get a cheap flight, rental car, and one hotel room for the last day (so I could take a shower and pack for the return trip) to visit as many new areas as I could. This was before cell phones and social media so it seemed like even more of an adventure and an exercise in independence.

I always thought it was odd that I was (often) the youngest person visiting certain spots and took pride that I was not hopping off a tour bus or staying at the lodge/resort to do so.

I may not be as quick or have some of the endurance I used to (trying to get my brain to understand that when planning!) but I am still fortunate to be fit/active guy in his early 40s.

Most of my 30s were devoted to a new wife, owning a business, house. . . you get the idea. I do not regret any of that either, and I am looking forward to combining the best of both worlds going forward. I hope you can still find a life/travel balance as well!

Welcome. I 've spent a lot of time on tractors... often causing work for "tractor docs." Or myself.

Welcome. I 've spent a lot of time on tractors... often causing work for "tractor docs." Or myself.

Thanks for the welcome.
I never know what to use for a user name. . . "TractorDoc" sort of became the go to when I needed something for a couple forums when I was not sure if I wanted my real info out there. It has carried over to new forums -- its difficult enough to remember all the different passwords much less different user names. Short story -- I've worked on, worked with, and restored a number of vintage John Deere and Caterpillar farm tractors/construction equipment (that is the tractor part). "Doc" comes in after attending veterinary school and spending the last 15 years calling that the real job.

Thanks again Mr. Stark!