Life Straw

Nick

-
Anyone ever use the Life Straw? I just saw a post about it from a friend on Facebook that was sucking out of a seriously nasty looking pothole. It looks pretty compelling, at least for a backup method and for day hikes/grabbing drinks quickly along the trail. Only 2 ounces… I just ordered one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006QF3TW4

life-straw.jpg

lifestraw-inuse.jpg

Hmm... curious to hear how it works.

I had one of those bottles with the filter built into it and I HATED it. I thought it would be great for those times that I wanted some quick water and didn't want to stop to pump. However, after just minimal use, the amount of suction required to get a good drink was so unpleasant that it wasn't worth the effort.

Now I only use a gravity filter and I'm very happy. It's still a slow process if I run out of water mid-day, but at least I can relax or do something else while my water filters!

- Jamal

I took this thing with me to Halls Creek last weekend to do some testing. The verdict: the Life Straw absolutely sucks. No pun intended. Its a nightmare to try to suck anything through it. If I actually had to drink a liter of water through it, I think I would probably pass out from the effort. NOT recommended. :disagree:

life-straw-filter.jpg