Lanterns?

Nurrgle

Feet on the ground, head in the clouds
So with the fire ban here in Colorado that looks like it might last all season, do any of y"all use a small, lightweight lantern? I have looked at a couple from REI that look pretty decent but kinda heavy.

I don't own one but I've backpacked and car camped with one of the little candle lanterns designed for backpacking. I really liked it. Even when car camping in The Maze where fires aren't allowed, we would just gather around this little candle and it felt almost like we were bullshitting around a campfire. I think I might have to pick one up this year...

I really like my black diamond orbit lantern.
31TSsACmRJL._AA300_.jpg

I haven't liked the electronic lanterns I've been around. Too similar to the light from a head lamp, IMO. I've been thinking about picking up one of these. A bit smaller and lighter than the one Smokey had on several backpacking trips but looks pretty similar.

UCO Micro Lantern

31ZkHZ40OTL._SS360_.jpg

That Micro looks pretty sweet. Amazon doesn't list the weight, but judging from the looks it probably weighs next to nothing. This is just what I was looking for. Thanks Nick.

That Micro looks pretty sweet. Amazon doesn't list the weight, but judging from the looks it probably weighs next to nothing. This is just what I was looking for. Thanks Nick.

REI lists it as 4.2 oz with two candles. Not too shabby. I'll get to try mine out next weekend.