Lanterns

Well, my old coleman lanterns finally bit the dust. I tried new pumps, generators, cleaning them, etc, etc. But no luck. These lanterns were nearly 40 years old, so I guess they got their full use.

I'll be getting the coleman dual fuel lantern to replace these three that went down for our front country camping.

I'm looking at the Primus Micron lantern for our backcountry trips, and I wanted to get yalls opinions. For those who have them, what mantles work best, and would you even recommend them for backpacking?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

For backpacking, same weight or less could get you a Luci lantern. Won't burn your fuel, has an actual diffuser housing too. Solar or rechargeable battery versions.

Only ever used a headlamp, but just saw these at rei recently so thought I'd mention them.

Well, my old coleman lanterns finally bit the dust. I tried new pumps, generators, cleaning them, etc, etc. But no luck. These lanterns were nearly 40 years old, so I guess they got their full use.

I'll be getting the coleman dual fuel lantern to replace these three that went down for our front country camping.

I'm looking at the Primus Micron lantern for our backcountry trips, and I wanted to get yalls opinions. For those who have them, what mantles work best, and would you even recommend them for backpacking?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Sorry about your old lantern. I have a Coleman 222a that I like to use in the winter. As for the Primus, I seriously considered a similar lantern but backed out because the LED on my battery pack or light on my phone gave off enough light for me to function. By the time I purchased extra fuel and the lantern and factored in the weight it was just not cost or weight effective in my eyes. However, I can see why someone would take one backpacking. When cold is an issue or I am car camping I bust out my 222a.