Klymit Static V

DOSS

out
I've seen their Inertia series of sleeping pads but this is the first time I've seen this pad. Doesn't look like it is insulated though so would probably only be for warm weather camping. 20oz is pretty light for a 72x23x2.5 pad though.

I've seen their Inertia series of sleeping pads but this is the first time I've seen this pad. Doesn't look like it is insulated though so would probably only be for warm weather camping. 20oz is pretty light for a 72x23x2.5 pad though.

I would still use it in cold weather, just put it inside your bag and have a nice blue foamy under you :)

That would work. The blue foamies are light but they do take up quite a bit of room. Have to strap it to the outside of the pack. The price is right on these pads also.
Yeah but I haven't found anything else that does the job of a blue foamy for a second layer of insulation when it is needed.

I do find it odd that I have yet to hear any first hand reviews of this brand being that it is local and all and kinda interesting..

Hey I'm new to the site but hoping to contribute more.
Here is a recent review on the Static V
http://www.trektechblog.com/2012/04/kreature-komforts-klymit-static-v-sleeping-pad.html
I've spent multiple nights on the Static V and it is quite comfortable in multiple temps. I used it at about 40 and it was plenty warm. It is just an air inflate pad but by far the most comfortable 2.5" pad i've slept on. It just launched this spring and has only been available for a short period of time. For its price, weight, size, it is hard to pass up.

Honestly, I do work for Klymit but since not a lot of people have had a chance to test and review I wanted to chime in.

Hey I'm new to the site but hoping to contribute more.
Here is a recent review on the Static V
http://www.trektechblog.com/2012/04/kreature-komforts-klymit-static-v-sleeping-pad.html
I've spent multiple nights on the Static V and it is quite comfortable in multiple temps. I used it at about 40 and it was plenty warm. It is just an air inflate pad but by far the most comfortable 2.5" pad i've slept on. It just launched this spring and has only been available for a short period of time. For its price, weight, size, it is hard to pass up.

Honestly, I do work for Klymit but since not a lot of people have had a chance to test and review I wanted to chime in.

Nice review and welcome. Klymit has some great products!

Welcome, mattmax25 . It looks like this thread is amongst the top rankings when you google "klymit static v" or "klymit static v review". Sounds like you guys ought to get some out to us for official testing and review! ;)
I agree... I would be glad to test one for you all :)

I like your thinking :) we need some local testers and product advocates. I can offer a worth while tester discount to a handful of people if you are interested. Shoot an email to info@klymit.com and I'll get you the details. Mention you saw this on backcountrypost and put attn: Matt. The pad also works super well in a hammock.

I like your thinking :) we need some local testers and product advocates. I can offer a worth while tester discount to a handful of people if you are interested. Shoot an email to info@klymit.com and I'll get you the details. Mention you saw this on backcountrypost and put attn: Matt. The pad also works super well in a hammock.

Cool. Email sent.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Well I have placed my order, Thanks for the hookup!.. as soon as it arrives I will begin the review process.. thinking Vid review time here!

My buddy just bought the static pad, he has not had a chance to use it yet. I have the inertia X frame full length pad, and I absolutley love this pad. It took a few nights to figure out how to use it. (In my bag outside my bag). I found that in my bag worked best. I have used this pad several times in 20 degree weather with a small walmart blue half pad under me and it worked great. I have used it all last year in the Uintas w/ temps in the 40's and it worked great. Bought mine directly from Klymit before they had them out in the local stores. Just tossing in my 2 cents. I will have to let you know what my buddy thinks when he gets a chance to use it.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

I got my Static V pad yesterday. Thanks Matt! First impressions are that it is small, light, and seems well made. I inflated it and and layed on it and it feels really comfortable. I like the fact that it is a little wider than the regular 20" pads. I don't feel like I'm going to roll off it. I'll give a full review with pics when I have a chance to field test it. I also like the nozzle on this pad.

I'd be interested in giving it a test run too

I got my Static V pad yesterday. Thanks Matt! First impressions are that it is small, light, and seems well made. I inflated it and and layed on it and it feels really comfortable. I like the fact that it is a little wider than the regular 20" pads. I don't feel like I'm going to roll off it. I'll give a full review with pics when I have a chance to field test it. I also like the nozzle on this pad.

Mine showed up VIA fedex this morning, I will agree with your first impressions... Looks like I might have to head up the canyon and spend a night just to test it out :)