I'm an Idiot

Duke

Mountain Carver
I am sick to my stomach! I went back-country with my two youngest boys and got some shots of them. I wasn't paying attention and the shutter speed was just too slow for the action shots. I couldn't tell at the time. They are all pretty much like this one. Sick to my stomach!!! They would have been great shots too! Its just the idiot thing. That seems to plague me often in my photography attempts.

IMG_1677 LR.jpg

:( That bites! I do like the one you posted.

Oh I like the shot....I just wish it had been set to freeze action. It looks OK when 2"x2" (like from the back of my camera when I was shooting), but even a 5x7 it is unacceptable. I should have realized this at the time. (picture me banging my head against the wall right now).

This happens to me all the time. When reviewing the photo on the 2x2 screen, press the "+" on the magnifying glass to zoom in as much as you can. That way you'll be more likely to tell what the real clarity is (in case you hadn't thought of that).

Sometimes when I'm unsure I also set the aperture to 9 or 11, and use the flash and check the difference in photos. But we all live and learn.

That's an awesome capture! Your boys are ripping it if they're landing these jumps!

Oh I like the shot....I just wish it had been set to freeze action. It looks OK when 2"x2" (like from the back of my camera when I was shooting), but even a 5x7 it is unacceptable. I should have realized this at the time. (picture me banging my head against the wall right now).

Time to get a GoPro! :)