Hi from the Northwest!

brassmunkie

I've been hiking since I was a kid, mostly in Idaho, some hikes in Oregon and even a trip to Taroko Gorge (Hualien, Taiwan). I love hiking with my SO or my dad but some of my best hiking memories are from my solo adventures.
My luxury (read = heavy) items: my camera & tripod.
My food preferences: I dehydrate my own homemade food for a more healthy option than packaged meals.
What I look for in a trail: Amazing views, the sound of water, and a lack of two legged-wildlife.
My favorite places to set up camp: On the highest ridge I can find facing a sunrise or sunset!

Looking forward to participating in these forums.

My packing days are over but I'm also a high ridge camper and know several places I can truck camp with nobody around. I tend to shoot for the heavy thunderstorm times. Enjoy.

Welcome Brass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep Wyoming clean, dump your trash in Idaho.

In all seriousness welcome. Lots of high ridges and plateaus around here for you to test the Lightning Gods all you want. Have a good one out there in your awesome city.

Keep Wyoming clean, dump your trash in Idaho.

In all seriousness welcome. Lots of high ridges and plateaus around here for you to test the Lightning Gods all you want. Have a good one out there in your awesome city.

The season is almost here. I test the Lightning Gods every year. Set up camp on a high overlook and await the action. It's showtime most every afternoon. If it gets too close I get in the truck but most of the time it's armchair viewing from a distance.

Welcome. I would be interested in hearing some of your recipes. We dehydrate our own meals as well.

Welcome! like swmalone, I too would be interested in some of your recipes. I am always looking for new options for meals and recently started dehydrating.