Hi from Portland Oregon

SeanIsADesertRat

Grew up in Utah, backpacking, hiking, climbing, skiing so many 'backyard classics'. Spent 5 summers working, climbing and backpacking in the Tetons. 22 years working in the Utah ski industry. Branched out for backpacking in BC, the Sierra, as well as several spring seasons climbing in Yosemite. Been living in the North Wet for a while now, and really miss the desert southwest, so I'm trying to work in regular trips back to my natural habitat of the Colorado Plateau. The logistics of getting there from here are a real pain, but still, the effort is worth it. I encourage all Wasatch Front, and other similarly adjacent residents to take a moment to appreciate their proximity to such a wonderful area.
Next up on my list - "Generic Name" desert wilderness area backpacking trip, early April. Cannot wait to get back to my natural habitat. If I can manage to take decent notes, and a few pics, I might post a trip report.
Have fun out there and enjoy the wild lands!
Happy Trails!!!tetons2.gif

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
uintahiker What to see between here an Portland? Trip Planning 2
beaver-one Section Hiking the PCT (Pacific Crest Trail): Oregon + Washington Trip Planning 3
Upgrayedd SLC to Oregon Coast to Reno to SLC - May 26th - June 4th Trip Planning 10
westy Wallowa Mountains, Oregon Trip Planning 3
IlVagabondo Noob From Oregon, Wyoming Bound Noobs: Introduce yourself! 5
stretch Idaho Centennial Trail to Oregon Desert Trail Backpacking 23
NorthwestWanderer NORTHWEST | 4K Timelapse Film : Featuring Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming & Montana General Discussion 4
NorthwestWanderer 3 days in Idaho/Oregon's Hells Canyon: Pittsburgh Landing to Willow Creek Backpacking 2
NorthwestWanderer Backpacking Oregon's Cottonwood Canyon : Lost Corral Trail Backpacking 1
Shirt357 Colorado or Oregon? General Discussion 25
Titans Redwoods hiking & Oregon coast in September incl. 360 sphere pictures Hiking & Camping 10
NorthwestWanderer Eagle Cap Wilderness, Oregon (July 1 - July 3) Backpacking 5
DrNed Oregon Coast 2017 Everything Else 0
balzaccom Oregon: Earth, Wind, Fire, and Rain...not in that order Backpacking 0
Dave Smith Rock State Park, Oregon Hiking & Camping 2
J Hello from Oregon Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
Howells Outdoors Oregon Backpacking Trips Trip Planning 10
southernlady97266 Hello From Oregon. Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
slc_dan Idaho/Oregon/Norcal Camp reccomendations Trip Planning 4
uintahiker Oneonta Gorge Oregon Hiking & Camping 6
uintahiker Trail of Ten Falls- Silver Falls State Park, Oregon Hiking & Camping 1
uintahiker Cobble Beach Oregon and the Tide Pools Everything Else 3
uintahiker Camping on the Oregon Trail Hiking & Camping 0
Nick Oregon Coast and The Pacific Crest Trail Backpacking 3