Good evening!

PaulMags

Long time lurker and I "know" (some even in real life!) a few of the frequent posters on here.

Thought I'd finally create an account after all these years since it looks like I'll be in the Colorado Plateau for a while yet. :)

The name is Paul (ah!) and I live in Moab, UT with my wife Joan. We take off all the time and roam around our "Backyard" as much as we can. If I had to pick one place, I'd say "The Needles" is one of our favorite areas and we feel fortunate it is so close to us.

I previously lived in the Boulder, CO area before I met Joan. I lterally showed up on her doorstep, due to knowing some mutual friends, during a backpacking trip through Utah I took in 2017. And I kept on coming back! I guess she liked me enough to marry me eventually. ;)

In any case, looking forward to joining in the discussion and soaking up the vast amount of info found on this site!

Paul

Welcome Paul! Your blog was perhaps my main go-to site back when I was first getting into backpacking, and I learned a ton from it over the years (and you were kind enough to answer my questions there on a few occasions). This forum will benefit greatly from your presence---hope you become a regular!

Welcome - your site has been a great resource!

Thanks for the kind words!

As @LarryBoy said, I should have joined a long time ago! It's a great community here full of much info and knowledge from the members. I hope to continue as an active participant, too.

Glad you could join us. Get Joan on here as well. I started following her blog when she was still in the SE Appalachians :)