Gear Review Gerber Crucial Tool

Nick

-
So long as I can't get out and do much hiking, I figured I'd get on it and post some gear reviews. :)

Gerber Crucial Tool

I first saw the Crucial on a canyoneering trip back in September 2010. One of the guys I was with had it and I knew I had to have one. It's basically a miniature, but still very capable, multi-tool with a really nice blade.

The standard Gerber Crucial Tool has the following eight functions:

V-cut wire cutter, large 1/2-Inch serrated blade, cross head screwdriver, bottle opener, medium flat driver, pocket clip, and carabineer clip

I liked it so much that I've given the Crucial to at least 3 or 4 people now as thank you gifts. But for some reason, I never ordered one for myself. I wanted one, but it's hard to justify buying a new multi-tool when you have a perfectly good one, even if it's twice as heavy.

So finally, this past Christmas, my wife bought me one. I have only had the chance to take it out on two trips now but I can definitely say that I love it. I'm especially looking forward to backpacking with it since it's only 5 ounces.

Now for the pics. Take note, the Crucial I have is the Crucial with Strap Cutter and it came in a package with the Evo Knife. The strap cutter takes the place of the carabiner clip on the regular crucial. I think it's a definite upgrade and I like the all black design too. The standard Crucial comes in green or silver.

IMG_4665.jpg

IMG_4653.jpg

IMG_4654.jpg

The strap cutter:
IMG_4656.jpg

IMG_4657.jpg

IMG_4660.jpg

This is the Evo Knife that came with my Crucial:
IMG_4663.jpg

IMG_4664.jpg

I highly recommend this. :D

LOVE Gerber!!! :twothumbs: