Focus Group - Round 2

Which do you prefer, the BackcountryPost logo with the lower case b or the upper case B?

• I prefer the lower case 'b' like it is now.

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • I prefer the upper case 'B'.

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nick

-
I really appreciate all the input received from the last thread I posted seeking input on the BackcountryPost logo.

We're going to stick with something along the lines of the current logo, possibly even leave it the same and start working on an emblem or other graphic to go with it.

But before we do that, I'm curious if you prefer the logo with an uppercase 'B' rather than the lowercase that we have now. Here are the options:

lowercase b (existing design):
bcp-little-b.png
uppercase B:

bcp-big-b.png

Can't believe I'm saying this...but for some reason I like the lower case b. Maybe because its just more salient? or because it seems to "poke" out a bit as a lower case so it kind of appears like its the man on campus while the upper case just kind of blends in and hides...or perhaps I'm just crazy.

I've been persuaded, change my vote to lower case.

Ok. I'm sold. The little 'b' it will beeeee.

Now the really, really hard part. Coming up with an icon/emblem/graphic to go with this logo. Suggestions?

Ok. I'm sold. The little 'b' it will beeeee.

Now the really, really hard part. Coming up with an icon/emblem/graphic to go with this logo. Suggestions?
This is my plain suggestion, maybe a picture of a person with some backpack gear on and some mountain or desert scenery behind them. told ya pretty plain.

it should be no surprise that i like the lower case b

blueeyes

I like the big B -- but think it and the P should raise above the topline to add emphasis and offset the y on the bottom.

RE: blueeyes avatar looking like David Bowie.

I completely agree. I thought it was Bowie and thought it was because he sang the song "Blue Eyes". Then I realized that that was Elton John and Bowie sang "Blue Jean".

So... I guess I'm pretty off the mark with all things beginning with the letter B! :facepalm:

- Jamal

Hmm... I dunno. I kinda like it, but then I kinda think your original design is cleaner and it's growing on me. Maybe you should try them out on some fresh eyes.

- JG

I really like the big "B" with the big "P", but I also like the smaller "b" version as well. For some reason I don't like the version with just the big "B" as much. So, version 1 or Jammer's version is my vote.

I like lower case because because its a URL
If the logo was typed as a URL it would be

bacKcountRypost.com

The uppercase B looks chunky, and I'm chunky enough. The camel case version is slightly better but I still prefer the lower case. What does it look like with all lower case letters?

If David Bowie looks kinda freaky then YES! (no offense intended blueeyes, your avatar is a bit, um, uh, yeah....I'm digging, where's my shovel?)

No offense taken here. I am a big girl. Problem is the more people complain about my avatar the longer I will keep her! Cuz that is how I roll. :) (and believe me I have gotten a lot of crap about this one... i think it is funny!!!)

I like the big B -- but think it and the P should raise above the topline to add emphasis and offset the y on the bottom.

RE: blueeyes avatar looking like David Bowie.

I completely agree. I thought it was Bowie and thought it was because he sang the song "Blue Eyes". Then I realized that that was Elton John and Bowie sang "Blue Jean".

So... I guess I'm pretty off the mark with all things beginning with the letter B! :facepalm:

- Jamal

You guys need to watch some old black and white movies!!! It is Katharine Hepburn. I love her!! Awesome women.