Finally decided to sign up...

Matt Van Natta

Whitewater in the morning...
Hey my name's Matt. I'm currently living in Duluth, Minnesota. I wish I lived in the mountains, but the Upper Midwest is still pretty sweet.
I've been making trips out west almost every summer since I can remember, and I've backpacked in various areas since middle school. For years now I have used sites like this to help plan my trips. I decided to finally join one so I could communicate with others in the backpacking community. I also want to tell the stories from my trips for all their successes and failures (call them lessons learned).

Hey my name's Matt. I'm currently living in Duluth, Minnesota. I wish I lived in the mountains, but the Upper Midwest is still pretty sweet.
I've been making trips out west almost every summer since I can remember, and I've backpacked in various areas since middle school. For years now I have used sites like this to help plan my trips. I decided to finally join one so I could communicate with others in the backpacking community. I also want to tell the stories from my trips for all their successes and failures (call them lessons learned).
Good on you dude. Dutch last name eh? Lot of midwesterners (some transplants, some not) in this board. Gun to your head, favorite trip you've ever taken?

Good on you dude. Dutch last name eh? Lot of midwesterners (some transplants, some not) in this board. Gun to your head, favorite trip you've ever taken?
If you're not Dutch, you're not much...actually I'm only like 5% Dutch, basically 100% Norwegian.
Favorite trip that's a hard one. Have to say when I went to the Wind River Range. It was so beautiful. It was cool to be in a place that has some of the few legit glaciers in the Rockies. At somewhere so remote (at least compared to Colorado). Best of all was no National Park permits!
What's your favorite range in the Rockies?

If you're not Dutch, you're not much...actually I'm only like 5% Dutch, basically 100% Norwegian.
Favorite trip that's a hard one. Have to say when I went to the Wind River Range. It was so beautiful. It was cool to be in a place that has some of the few legit glaciers in the Rockies. At somewhere so remote (at least compared to Colorado). Best of all was no National Park permits!
What's your favorite range in the Rockies?
It's gotta be the Winds, followed closely by the Beartooths. So much more alpine than the Rockies farther south.

It's gotta be the Winds, followed closely by the Beartooths. So much more alpine than the Rockies farther south.
O my gosh! Went the to the Beartooths last summer, and that trip was a close second as well. Dang I was hoping you tell me about another range that I haven't heard of.