Feedback on design changes

Nick

-
As you probably noticed, we made a few design changes to the site today, specifically the home page slideshow and status updates sidebar. We're moving slowly towards getting my blog off the main backcountrypost.com page and making the forum where everyone lands when they visit the site.

Feedback is appreciated. :)

So I actually had to go and check what the front page looked like since I haven't been there since the first day I came on the site... I wonder how many other people do that.. anyhow I really like the layout and my have to start going to the Home tab just so I can have perty pictures at the top :)

Let me know if the site is now too wide for anyone. The minimum width is set to 1160px which is probably way too big for anyone still using a 10 year old tube but should be just fine on 90% of displays out there. It even resizes nicely on the iPad. Thanks for being my beta testers. ;)

Let me know if the site is now too wide for anyone. The minimum width is set to 1160px which is probably way too big for anyone still using a 10 year old tube but should be just fine on 90% of displays out there. It even resizes nicely on the iPad. Thanks for being my beta testers. ;)
Too wide for my screen. I'm on a laptop as my main machine. This an older tablet. I have a 19" 4:3 flat screen as my main display. 1024x768.
A little annoying, but not a huge deal. I use firefox and and zooming in and out is not a big deal.

Too wide for my screen. I'm on a laptop as my main machine. This an older tablet. I have a 19" 4:3 flat screen as my main display. 1024x768.
A little annoying, but not a huge deal. I use firefox and and zooming in and out is not a big deal.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll play around with it and see if I can't work it down to 1024 without making it look bad.

Looks GREAT!!! :twothumbs: It fits my laptop screen just fine (1440 x 900)!

So I actually had to go and check what the front page looked like since I haven't been there since the first day I came on the site... I wonder how many other people do that.. anyhow I really like the layout and my have to start going to the Home tab just so I can have perty pictures at the top :)

I added the recent threads to the new forum home page and got rid of the 'Home' home page. So now you can just come straight to the forum home and see pretty pictures, recent threads and the forum list all at the same time. :)