Exceptionally Disgusting Acts of Human Stupidity

Is it really stupidity? Is the problem lack of awareness or intelligence? Or do they know that they're being depraved, and just not care?

Methinks it's the latter. Sad to see.

@LarryBoy very sad story. Bison are my favorite animals, so it pains me to hear of such a stupid act...

I had heard about the Yellowstone incident but just reading about the one in Death Valley those people are what my wife might call ****wads. The people in Yellowstone, from what I have read, believed they were helping the animal. It was a stupid and wrong thing to do but at least it wasn't malicious. The guys in Death Valley were again just being ****wads.

Those people seem like the kind that would see any publicity as good publicity. It is amazing how many a-holes you run into when you visit national parks. It is nowhere near as bad as any of these incidents but the first time I visited Arches we hiked up to Delicate Arch to get sunset pictures, along with about 300 other people. There was a couple that decided it would be a perfect setting for their engagement photos. They set up under the arch with photographers snapping picture and picture. There were tons of people wanting to get their picture taken under the arch or to get the arch minus people in a picture and this couple and their photographer just wouldn't move. Eventually some woman totally lost it on them and they stepped aside. After that people would go stand under their arch snap a photo then move on, and once the sun started setting everyone else was polite enough to get out of the way for the sunset pictures. I guess the point is out of about 300 people there were 3 that felt they were entitled to do whatever they want, while the rest were very polite and respectful of the area and each other. It is too bad that the a-holes just put a damper on the entire experience.

Those people seem like the kind that would see any publicity as good publicity. It is amazing how many a-holes you run into when you visit national parks. It is nowhere near as bad as any of these incidents but the first time I visited Arches we hiked up to Delicate Arch to get sunset pictures, along with about 300 other people. There was a couple that decided it would be a perfect setting for their engagement photos. They set up under the arch with photographers snapping picture and picture. There were tons of people wanting to get their picture taken under the arch or to get the arch minus people in a picture and this couple and their photographer just wouldn't move. Eventually some woman totally lost it on them and they stepped aside. After that people would go stand under their arch snap a photo then move on, and once the sun started setting everyone else was polite enough to get out of the way for the sunset pictures. I guess the point is out of about 300 people there were 3 that felt they were entitled to do whatever they want, while the rest were very polite and respectful of the area and each other. It is too bad that the a-holes just put a damper on the entire experience.

My take is most of those people are completely oblivious as to why they are actually there. And the reason I tend not to go to most of those places. Fortunately, there are still many 1000's of square miles where you can be entirely removed from those turkeys.

Like everything else........a lot of people think only of themselves, self gratification and what's in it for me, it's mine and I can do what I want....

Like everything else........a lot of people think only of themselves, self gratification and what's in it for me, it's mine and I can do what I want....

Or their drive for YouTube subscriptions is making them blind to the wanton destruction and extreme danger.

The 'High On Life' group strikes again, this time in Utah's salt flats. These guys are becoming a menace to our wild spaces.
http://fox13now.com/2016/05/23/blm-...life-groups-water-skiing-stunt-on-salt-flats/

It's too bad their RV didn't sink to the axles like most vehicles that venture onto the salt flats.

Or their drive for YouTube subscriptions is making them blind to the wanton destruction and extreme danger.

The 'High On Life' group strikes again, this time in Utah's salt flats. These guys are becoming a menace to our wild spaces.
http://fox13now.com/2016/05/23/blm-...life-groups-water-skiing-stunt-on-salt-flats/

It's too bad their RV didn't sink to the axles like most vehicles that venture onto the salt flats.

The good news is they probably can't enter the country any more, because they will be arrested if they try to cross the border. So at least the U.S. is safe from their stupidity.

I saw a grizzly eating on a carcass while in the Tetons last weekend. It was off the road, maybe 50 yards. We stopped a pretty safe distance away to observe for a moment, and lo and behold some bafoons pull up as close to it as possible, get out of their car, and then continue to walk even closer to it through the brush. Luckily it was disinterested in anyone, but I don't think they had any idea it could have covered that distance in 2-3 seconds if it had wanted to.

I think those High on Life guys need to try base jumping into an active volcano.
Wouldn't it be terrific if they got arrested and were sentenced to community service - picking up trash and leading LNT talks?

Ugh, these self entitled a-holes are the worst. Especially their attention whore "we'll donate money to yellowstone if you hashtag us" bs.

Two of these asshats pleaded guilty yesterday. They were ordered to pay $9k in fines and banned for 5 years from all by Dept. of Interior lands amongst others.
https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/news/16073.htm

EDIT: Oh man, I just checked their FB page and they're still trying to justify/deflect attention from their actions with some old Washington Post article. Not a brain cell between them.

Last edited:
Back