DragonFly ond Blue eyed Moqui Princess Panels

Mace

Getting ready for a hiking trip in March down to the Horseshoe Canyon area in Utah and wanted to hike out to see the Dragonfly panel. I'm having a pretty tough time getting a handle on just where it is **CONTENT REMOVED BY MODERATORS** I was told by the Ranger that Head Spur road is closed. But am not sure that the road
would have been the right one to park my rig out to start looking. If anyone has some suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

In my experience, this is one that people don't like to discuss the location of or give hints about. Especially to people they don't know in person. I have yet to determine exactly where it is. Happy hunting.

Yup , have to agree. And at 70 years old ....and with bad knees my time for finding it is limited. I can understand folks stances on revealing locations...
at least on a public site. But I thought I'd give it a try . A twelve mile in and out is a pretty big day for me now. But, I am committed , and I have a few weeks set aside to go and try . I'm looking forward to some time in what I hope is the right area. Over the decades Ive hiked in the SW , Ive had the good fortune to see a lot of amazing things. I got a walk into the Wave about 30 some years ago ...just happened to stop by the Ranger station and they had some next day passes. WOW.....imagine that now !! Saw the lower Antelope canyon with 2 friends. We were the only folks there for a few hours while the guide sat and played his guitar while we enjoyed the sights. The Subway ...walk in in late Nov with 4 foot icicles hanging on the walls....and noone else but me and my hiking pal. That was about 20 years ago. The good ol days.

Thanks for the response . If I do find it , and the chances are I will, I will send a note to you . Best wishes on your adventures.

Mace

Yep .... People want their private panels,
sites, etc...... I'd let you in on it but I haven't been to it....... Lots of other places tho. A lot of people don't have the time to hike every canyon every day...

Have you tried Instagram? :lol: Just kidding, sort of. Some of us remember when Moon House was a secret. I don't know where your panel is or I'd PM you, but I know of at least two regular members here who do (Dennis and Randy) but I don't know if they'd share it or not.

Thanks for the reply Rockskipper. I wish I'd know about these panels a decade ago or so . Make that two decades. In those days , Id just say its all part
of the fun discovering it on my own. Now however, I have a number of failing body parts that really limits how far I can go in a day. So ...knowing where things are has become a lot more important. Sad to say. I have used all the clues from a number of posts on various sites....that suggest it is in ***CONTENT REMOVED BY MODERATORS*** Still theres a lotta ground to cover. I've started walking daily ...plan on ...hope to plan on...being able to go about 10 miles or so by March. Then look for places to get into the Spur fork , and do my best.

@Mace I edited your post so that it did not disclose even the rough location of these panels. I'm not even sure if the canyon/forks you mentioned are accurate, but that's just not something we want posted publicly here on BCP. I hope you're right though and good luck with your hunt! :)

Until this topic came up here, these panels were not on my radar. I enjoy searching out "hidden" stuff, so curiosity got the best of me and after a bit of googling and looking at sat images, I now have a pretty good idea of the general location and where I would start looking. The fine search is quite another thing though. Not sure that I will bother though, if we ever get to cross the border return to the desert, post covid.
The search for the panels in question here led to an unexpected bonus- a webpage that also had photos of a ruin in Cedar Mesa that I have been trying to locate for quite some time. Previously I had been able to narrow down the location to a particular canyon, with a likely spot in mind. These new photos confirmed the canyon, and with a different perspective enabled me to pinpoint the exact location, which was a km or so away from where I initially thought it would be.
So, don't give up on your research! And be careful what you post, although I think that most if not all who put in the time to locate "secret" spots will respect the need to keep quiet.

So ....... Nick you don't want me to put my digital topos with thousands of sites located in them? Most from old govt topos? Not kidding.... Don't want the data I have to be lost....

Until this topic came up here, these panels were not on my radar. I enjoy searching out "hidden" stuff, so curiosity got the best of me and after a bit of googling and looking at sat images, I now have a pretty good idea of the general location and where I would start looking. The fine search is quite another thing though. Not sure that I will bother though, if we ever get to cross the border return to the desert, post covid.
The search for the panels in question here led to an unexpected bonus- a webpage that also had photos of a ruin in Cedar Mesa that I have been trying to locate for quite some time. Previously I had been able to narrow down the location to a particular canyon, with a likely spot in mind. These new photos confirmed the canyon, and with a different perspective enabled me to pinpoint the exact location, which was a km or so away from where I initially thought it would be.
So, don't give up on your research! And be careful what you post, although I think that most if not all who put in the time to locate "secret" spots will respect the need to keep quiet.
Good for , you have the time to spend hours in front of the computer and hours to hike up and down canyons ... Not everybody does ......

@Mace I edited your post so that it did not disclose even the rough location of these panels. I'm not even sure if the canyon/forks you mentioned are accurate, but that's just not something we want posted publicly here on BCP. I hope you're right though and good luck with your hunt! :)
Nick, sorry to have stepped over the line. Honestly did not realize that locations where prohibited from being disclosed. And, you are correct in that
I am not sure about the general locations I mentioned in that post. Pretty much just guesses.

Nick, sorry to have stepped over the line. Honestly did not realize that locations where prohibited from being disclosed. And, you are correct in that
I am not sure about the general locations I mentioned in that post. Pretty much just guesses.

No worries. The way it was worded was just way too 'search engine friendly'.

I remember when maps of Cedar Mesa were littered with "Ruins" markers.
My maps still are....transfered data many many years ago....cause I knew they would disappear. All in gpx. Pm me if interested and we'll discuss

My maps still are....transfered data many many years ago....cause I knew they would disappear. All in gpx. Pm me if interested and we'll discuss
Thanks, but I no longer use maps. No Smartphone or GPS and don't like carrying much, so I just wander aimlessly and kind of enjoy it that way.

Last edited:
Yep .... People want their private panels,
sites, etc...... I'd let you in on it but I haven't been to it....... Lots of other places tho. A lot of people don't have the time to hike every canyon every day...
Found it ....and Blue eyed princess as well...!!!

Glad to report I scored !!! Found the Dragonfly and Blue eyed princess. They are about 1 mile apart. Dragonfly 4 miles from the parking spot on road.... Not that tough of a hike , but it is all in sand.

Congrats! I'm certainly not the gatekeeper to public lands- but please be selective with where/how you share your trip details. It would be a shame for the hoards to easily access these ones. I sincerely hope that doesn't come across preachy, I've just been really disappointed in how destructive some people can be.