Developed campsite in uintas

Nanda

What are some campgrounds worth looking into for a Saturday visit this weekend? I am taking my friend(couple) with a baby, so amenities are a must. I am also breaking in my new teardrop trailer. Mirror lake seems to have lot of sites, not sure if any will be available Saturday morning/afternoon though.

There are TON's of camping spots near Mirror Lake and the other lakes along the Highway. Good luck snagging a site :) It is beautiful up there!

There's a couple down the north slope on 150 that might not be as popular and are located pretty close to the river. Christmas Meadows for sure but there's another south of it that I camped in once. EDIT: It's called Sulphur Campground.

Thanks, I guess we will try out mirror lake first and if that doesn't work out, look further towards Evanston.

There are some others up high if it's lakes you seek. Trial, Washington, Lily, Lost and so on. All of those are over in the Trial Lake area with lots of lakes nearby. Washington in particular has some excellent views from the campsites.

So we did end up taking a site at Washington lake. I didn't feel like driving all the way to mirror lake when Washington lake was nearby anyways. Even though sites are pretty near to each other, it's a decent campground with RVs all around(read: no one uses the toilet :))

Launching canoe from the site was less than a minute walk. We also took a hike upto Long lake, easy enough for everyone, fish were not co-operating though.
dMFBrCbsaE-3000x3000.png

Glad you got a spot there. When I went to paddle Washington I was miffed that only the campers seemed to have good access. I drove through a couple times thinking it would be a great campground if you don't mind having neighbors.

Glad you got a spot there. When I went to paddle Washington I was miffed that only the campers seemed to have good access. I drove through a couple times thinking it would be a great campground if you don't mind having neighbors.
The 'no parking' signs clearly intended for non-campers trying to launch from the campground, don't apply apparently :). I must have seen 20-30 vehicles pull up, load/unload their craft and taking their sweet time doing it as well.

What!?!? When I launched there we parked at the Crystal Lake TH and carried our boats a quarter mile down the trail! :timebomb:

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
isaac Yellowstone NP Campsite Reccs Trip Planning 3
U Favorite Yellowstone Gallatin Mtn Area Campsite? Looking at WD5, WE7 and that area Trip Planning 5
P Campsite beyond Lonestar Geyser in Yellowstone Backpacking 5
C Teton Crest Trail permit campsite distance problem Trip Planning 10
McKee80 backcountry campsite reviews Resource Discussions 5
McKee80 backcountry campsite reviews Resource Discussions 0
McKee80 Backcountry campsite selection - opinions please General Discussion 13
SKLund Yellowstone Backcountry Campsite Waypoints Resource Discussions 1
Perry UHT Yellowstone River Drainage Campsite? Trip Planning 6
Brian Skibbe What is the definition of a "bench site"? (referring to a campsite) General Discussion 6
jkgear Campsite suggestions for Teton Crest Trail Trip Planning 18
Kris Hehl Anyone selling their Havasu Lodge/permit/campsite 2017? General Discussion 1
P I got the campsite I wanted!!!! General Discussion 8
balzaccom The perfect campsite...or more Trip Planning 2
B Narrows: Which Campsite? Trip Planning 5
Laura How to take glowing tent campsite photos Photography 35
powderglut Zion-West Rim Campsite Trip Planning 4
Nick Easy campsite very close to Moab General Discussion 4
Tarp Boy Looking for Shuttle service for Uintas Granddaddy basin trip Trip Planning 0
2eez4life Suggestions: Uintas Backpacking with some rock climbing routes Trip Planning 0
regehr (Uintas) Lake Fork Fun Backpacking 8
scatman Reid's Peak - Uintas - July 22, 2023 Hiking & Camping 6
Upgrayedd Uintas Conditions 2023 Trip Planning 39
NorthwestWanderer First time in the High Uintas | Red Castle SNEAK Loop | I give these mountains 5 out of 5 stars Backpacking 7
2eez4life Uintas Conditions 2022 Trip Planning 18
regehr Uintas this weekend? Trip Planning 4
2eez4life 4 days 3 nights in the Uintas Trip Planning 9
6 Uintas Trip Planning Trip Planning 5
Perry Sunrise/Sunset Uintas Marriage Proposal Location Suggestions Trip Planning 25
N Gilbert Meadows- High Uintas Trip Planning 0
Upgrayedd Uintas Conditions 2021 Trip Planning 9
WasatchWill The High Uintas 4-4-4: Four Basins, Four Passes, Four Days Backpacking 20
C High Uintas Wilderness - Last minute plans Trip Planning 4
Mountain Wanderer High Uintas Wilderness - Granddaddy Basin Backpacking 4
scatman Bourbon Lake, Uintas - July 11, 2020 Hiking & Camping 4
ridings82 Uintas Backpacking Loop Trip Reports 12
Upgrayedd Uintas Conditions 2020 Trip Planning 69
B Uintas question Hiking & Camping 3
Tarp Boy Uintas in late June? Trip Planning 10
Born to Hike Mountain Solitude: Reconnaissance Lake, High Uintas, early Sept 2019 Backpacking 9
Ehouston24 Uintas Loop (Red Castle/Kings Peak) Trip Planning 14
DrNed Plan B to High Uintas Backpacking Trip Planning 20
J Uintas Conditions 2019 Trip Planning 209
DrNed Recommendation for 35-45 Mile Route in the Uintas Trip Planning 7
Yvonne A weekend in the Uintas Hiking & Camping 10
WasatchWill 5 Guys on a Trail: A Tour of the Southwestern Uintas Backpacking 12
wabenho Rainbow Lake, Uintas - September 2018 Backpacking 6
DesertRatShorty Solitude in the Uintas -- Gilbert Lake Loop Backpacking 14
jdfut66 Uintas - Priord Lake to Deadhorse Lake Loop Backpacking 6
Born to Hike Clements Lake and East Basin in the High Uintas, mid-July 2018 Backpacking 6