Camera holster

Discussion in 'Gear' started by isleroyaleguy, Nov 27, 2015.

1. isleroyaleguy

isleroyaleguy Member

Hey to all!
    I'm looking for a camera holster to go on my backpack strap. I've seen others wearing them, but can't find one online yet.
    Any recommendations?
    Thanks
    Cheers
    IRG

2. Joey

Joey walking somewhere

isleroyaleguy likes this.
  3. isleroyaleguy

isleroyaleguy Member

Joey likes this.
  4. Artemus

Artemus I walk

Joey likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Post 'em if you got 'em!

The Clik Access you use works great for an SLR too. I fit my 6D with 24-105 or 16-35 no problem. But sadly, it seems like Clik is going out of business or something. Their website shows they sell no more chest packs, a handful of backpacks and some random accessories. Looks like the Clik Access is also sold out now every place except B&H. I think I might have to buy one just to hang onto until mine goes out. Every other chest pack/holster on the market looks like a bulky POS in comparison. I hated my Clik chest pack like the one linked to above. Easy to put in and take out, but so hard to see around while hiking.

Artemus likes this.
  6. oldie but goodie

oldie but goodie Member

I also use the Clik Elite..Very comfortable on long hikes and yes, it is sometimes difficult to see around when looking for where to put your feet in compromising terrain...But then if you already have a daypack for water, food and whatever else and you need a chest pack for quick camera access, what else do you do..If anyone has an alternative chest pack for a dslr and a couple of lenses let me know..

7. Nick

Nick Post 'em if you got 'em!

The Capture Clip Pro is awesome and it is all I use now. http://amzn.to/2faCA8u Much better than the Clik Access, IMO.

Works good for mountain biking too.

14731230_10154577855284004_1069465929436811874_n.jpg

Artemus likes this.
  8. Dan_85

Dan_85 Member

If anyone's interested in saving a bit of money, there are Chinese imitations of the Peak Design clip floating around on Amazon/eBay for about a third of the price of the Peak Design original. They're usually sold under the name "DSLR/Go Pro Camera Clip Mount Plate" or something similar. I have one and have had no troubles at all with it, used it on the JMT this summer and a bunch of other trails. If you're going somewhere where you're expecting wet weather you might wanna buy some kind of case or cover to slip over the camera though.