Bg parcord knife VS camilus les stroud

tal_bushcraft

I want to know what is better .

Price,weight,size versetility,steel,case,handle and the ways to carry it.

And i dont want to hear about moras.;)

Sry i confuse insted the camilus knife i want to know if the bg parcord knife is better than the mora compinon heavy duty

To be honest with you I would avoid anything from BG or LS. I have seen several bushcraft type guys that liked the Mora for wearing it around the neck on a lanyard. No personal experience but they liked the knife and the price was super cheep. That way if you were doing some scout thing with flint and steel and screwed up the blade it wouldn't be a big deal.

Don't know ..... I carry two 3oz Gerber folding ones...... you need a spare...

No need to do any wittlin out in the bush. Not safe!
Use a knife for what?
Cutting a piece of rope, maybe opening that tough to open package of food, maybe cutting off that blister skin hanging from your foot, maybe cutting a snickers in half, or maybe to tighten that cam on your trekking pole.
I use this little Leatherman Style .8oz with a file to keep my nails nice.
2015-07-06 19.55.52.jpg

I lived through one of those marvelous, un-forecast blizzards in southern Utah up in the Dixie. A few others in remote places. My Viking blood prescribes a good cutting tool and as Bob has alluded to, two is one and one is none...

isn't it good, Norwegian wood...

_MG_0752_DxO750ee.jpg

though the top folder is French...

I lived through one of those marvelous, un-forecast blizzards in southern Utah up in the Dixie. A few others in remote places. My Viking blood prescribes a good cutting tool and as Bob has alluded to, two is one and one is none...

isn't it good, Norwegian wood...

_MG_0752_DxO750ee.jpg

though the top folder is French...
Dude, I want one my Viking brother.

Dude, I want one my Viking brother.

I have had that Brusletto Troll for about 15 years now, good performance, small, compact and relatively light. I looked around and they are as scarce as hen teeth now. A lot of the current models that Bruseletto has available here have gotten very expensive. But they do last forever and this one has an excellent sheath and retention system.

I don't think you can discount their quality right away just because of the BG or LS tag, Les Shroud worked with a hatchet company and produced a pretty sweet bushcraft hatchet. I don't own one because they are pretty expensive but a friend has one and I have used/handled it and would love to own one. It seems to be a heirloom type piece of equipment that you could hand down after years of use.

http://www.wetterlings.com/the-bushman-axe-by-survivorman-les-stroud/

I would probably go with the Gerber because it is a Gerber.

I don't think you can discount their quality right away just because of the BG or LS tag, Les Shroud worked with a hatchet company and produced a pretty sweet bushcraft hatchet. I don't own one because they are pretty expensive but a friend has one and I have used/handled it and would love to own one. It seems to be a heirloom type piece of equipment that you could hand down after years of use.

http://www.wetterlings.com/the-bushman-axe-by-survivorman-les-stroud/

I would probably go with the Gerber because it is a Gerber.

The hatchet is probably a nice one but I can't handle people seeing me with something named after a guy that goes around chasing big foot.