Best camping site?

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

camptocamp

Hello! New to the forum. Wanting to try something new and was wondering if anyone has tried HipCamp or Tentrr, and which you'd recommend and why?

Thanks!

I'm on the East Coast by the way*

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Wanderlust073

Do you work for one or the other?

Haven't tried either (or even knew they existed till now). I don't think this site is the demographic they're targeting.

Jackson

I like to go outside.
I use freecampsites.net to get a general idea of where to camp if I'm headed somewhere I'm entirely unfamiliar with. But far more often, I'll just pull up a satellite image map on Google and pan around until I find suitable-looking places in areas I want to go to where dispersed car camping is allowed.

The downside of any of these camping web sites is that they put all those campsites out there for everyone else to see too. So if you're headed somewhere popular like Zion or Yellowstone or something, there are probably hundreds of other people who are looking on there as well for ideas on where to camp, and you probably won't get your first pick of where you want to camp unless you're reserving the spot far in advance or getting there in the middle of the week.