Bad case of cabin fever

Nick

-
My ankle is feeling great and I have to get out and camp. The new jobs is great but it's still pretty stressful being in a whole new environment after 7 years of doing the same thing. So I've got to get out ASAP.

I need some ideas on where I could go next weekend (March 10-11). I think I'd like to backpack so I'm thinking Capitol Reef. And I should probably stick to the lower elevation areas there so nothing up on top of the reef. Another thought I had was something in The Swell. I know it's not really backpacking friendly, but maybe there are some decent 1-night options there? Also, I'd love some company if anyone wants to come. :)

Yeah, not a lot of backpacking areas in the Swell (at least none without a shuttle); you could do some of the stuff up north, but I think it gets much colder when you get up on the actual swell (as opposed to in front of the reef).

You could easily do a good car camp out there (obviously) and it would probably be my choice right now. I'd love to get down and just do the Ding/Dang loop or something.

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to take off until our trip to Capitol Reef, so I'm out. Sorry man.

I think I'm gonna bust out the splitboard this weekend. Might be a wee bit ambitious with my ankle but I think if I just kick around and only take a run or two in powder, I should be okay. Hoping that will cure this.

Great idea. I've never ridden one of those before, but again I suck at skiing.

My ankle is feeling great and I have to get out and camp. The new jobs is great but it's still pretty stressful being in a whole new environment after 7 years of doing the same thing. So I've got to get out ASAP.

I need some ideas on where I could go next weekend (March 10-11). I think I'd like to backpack so I'm thinking Capitol Reef. And I should probably stick to the lower elevation areas there so nothing up on top of the reef. Another thought I had was something in The Swell. I know it's not really backpacking friendly, but maybe there are some decent 1-night options there? Also, I'd love some company if anyone wants to come. :)

I'm stoked to hear you say that. I was just going to post to see if anyone would like to join me for an overnighter in Zion this weekend. Short notice, I know, but I just got my backpack today, and I didn't want to ask anyone until I was sure I'd be able to go next weekend. I was thinking of doing this hike since it looks like a good beginner backpack:

http://www.citrusmilo.com/zionguide/bestofthedesert.cfm

Wanna go?