A stubborn person's guide to hip replacement recovery

Wow. Truly inspirational. Congratulations on the successful surgery. I wish you many happy trails in the future.

Last edited:
And all this time I thought you were this invincible warrior...in some ways, you might still be with the kind of recovery. That's pretty amazing what you've been able to do already. Indeed, hope it all pays off and that you can go on to get lots and lots more miles out of that new hip repair. I lost the trail a few times myself rising out of Bullion to the Pocket as well...if there even is much a trail through that section. Ultimately I just used my GPS to navigate through the woods there picking lines of least resistance until I was able to spot the trail again on the other side of the ridge from where I was coming from.

Fossana, now glad that your surgery went well on this and that you are having such a great recovery! Hope it all continues to go really well for you on this. Now know several people here in Jackson that have had this surgery and are also doing well. It seems now modern medicine at least for this hip surgery can do wonders for people. I have yet not not heard of one wrong report as to someone having this hip surgery and it not working out. Just personally with all of my hiking and heavy packs that have carried, my hips are seemingly still in great shape. It is now my right ankle that gives me problems after stepping wrong several years ago. Now Wishing You the Very Best with many many days of hiking and biking in your future!

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Pls recommend 4-season 1 person tent Gear 16
The Trout Whisperer Single person vs two person lightweight tents Gear 11
JuddOutdoors What is a good backpacking single person tent? 4 Season Gear 14
Ben Longest you've gone without seeing another person General Discussion 17
Perry Drop/Dan Durston XMID Two Person Tent Coming Gear 0
Parma Missing Person In Canyonlands General Discussion 2
WasatchWill Backpacking with a pleasant person along a Pleasant Creek Backpacking 11
Perry Interesting New One Person Tent - Review Video Added Gear 34
Uncle_Dim Lightheart Gear Duo 2 Person Tent For Sale Gear 2
H Recommended me a 4 person tent on a budget Gear 13
K 1-2 person lightweight tent suggestions .. Gear 15
Tyler MSR Hubba Hubba 2 person backpacking tent Gear 3
K Escalante Canyons, 10-person group, 5-days in June '12? Trip Planning 5
Devin Ashby Best Cedar Mesa/Bears Ears Guide Books? Trip Planning 8
forest dweller Grizzly Bear Kills Backcountry Guide Near Yellowstone, Investigators shot and killed the bear after it charged. General Discussion 13
TeamJenkins17 Teton Wilderness Guide Books Trip Planning 6
Your Hike Guide Howdy from Your Hike Guide Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
muir_mountain Trail Guide Suggestions Questions, Suggestions & Support 0
Nick HCN: A wanderer’s guide to Western public lands General Discussion 0
BJett Packrafting Guide - Southern Utah General Discussion 3
Nick Bald Mountain - Trail Guide Discussion Trip Planning 0
Aldaron High Spur Trail Guide Trip Planning 4
Nick Trail Guide Requests Questions, Suggestions & Support 5
Backcountry Post How to create a Trail Guide Questions, Suggestions & Support 9
Nick Guide Books Trip Planning 39
Backcountry Post Quick Start Guide To Using Backcountry Post Questions, Suggestions & Support 2