987!

Bobbiesworld626

Up hill sucks. Change my mind.
"Hi, I'm Bobbie. I went to the desert and partied with a bunch of you and now I don't think you're all that bad, so here I am."

Not sure what to say. I'm here so we can laugh at my lack of experience. But as some of you know I'm determined and wont give up easily. So bring on those 15 miles in flip flops and lets do this. I've been complaining about going up hill now for about 2 years and it doesn't get better. Though I have learned a lot from my first hiking trip to Kennedy Lake and almost freezing to death with my best friend @Miya. There is still a lot more for me to learn. Like don't eat Philippine food from a pouch. Thanks @Udink. I can still smell it. At some point I will learn how to use flint. Tried it this past weekend, thank buddha for lighters. I own 7 different head lamps because I never put them back where they belong and will probably accumulate 3 more. The amount of "wrong" stuff I have bought could house 5 homeless people, but in my closet it takes up room. Well, I guess I look forward to posting about my holy pants and tents flying away. But for now...keep exploring.

It was a hoot hanging out with you and @Miya last weekend! I'm glad you joined us on the rock art trip and, yes, uphill does suck. And, I'm sorry, but I have something called "Sisig Surprise" for next time, though I think @Nick has something worse in store for us! :roflmao:

It took me something like 10 years to get the gear I have now, and it's still not perfect. However, Bic lighters are definitely the way to go. None of that flint and steel BS for me!

Thank you for being our guide. I don't think any of us would have made it all the way there. I'm aware of @Nick fish thing. I'm not touching that. There isn't enough Tequila in the world. I love Bic. Life saver. Though I should still learn how to use flint. Just so I can brag about it.

Great to meet you guys at BCP fest! You're a formidable opponent around the fire, I look forward to round 2. Sorry I couldn't get out and hike with you guys, but glad you tolerated us well enough to come sign up! Welcome to BCP!

BCP is really good at allowing different levels of interested people to find a place in the community where they are comfortable. I have spent only two nights under the stars in my life but I have snatched a bit of a place here. I was cleaning out a closet a couple weeks back and found an old Camelback water carrying doohickey of @Scott Chandler. (I just got spell checked corrected on doohickey.......cool). So I bought a cheap 2 liter "Military" water bladder thru WalMart.com because I had $1.41 in credit that was impossible to access, accept, to buy something online. I'm excited to take my "new gear" out on an adventure and NOT have to dig out the water bottles. Welcome to the community!

Back