4 Dollar Flyrod Case

Dan

I'm heading up into the winds next week for 8 days, and I figured the tenkara ain't gonna cut it. So i'm taking my 4 piece 5 weight instead. Not wanting to carry that blasted case for it, I went and picked up a $4 fluorescent light protective tube at the hardware store, cut it to size, and now have a one ounce case that will do the job nicely.

GZe5L.jpg

Awesome. I think I'll have to do the same. Now if only we could figure out a way to keep a 4-piece from sticking a foot out from the top of a pack!

That looks great. I am amazed how light an small you guys travel. My 4 piece dosent stick out that much cause I cant rock the 38 liter packs.

Thanks for the awesome tip! I'm going to get one of those!

Where you heading?

He's already on the trail so I'll answer for him. He's currently hiking from Green River Lakes to Big Sandy. :)
WOW!!! That's freakin awesome! I'd love to do that trek someday. I'd like to take 2 weeks and stay in an area a few days and explore and then move on to another location. I need some pack goats or something though!

How awesome, can't wait to read that TR!

I picked me up a tube today and cut it to length! Took maybe a whole 5 minutes to modify! The best part is that the tube only weighs 1.9 oz! My old case/tube I used to pack the fly rod in weighs 14.5 oz!

I put some duct tape on the ends to keep the end caps from falling of. Probably didn't need it though...

Thanks again Dan Ransom for the tip!!! :twothumbs:

Just curious how these held up after a trip or two? Seems like a great idea, and super easy way to shave some weight, but I'd hate to break a good rod...