Wildfires

Bob

Trailmaster
Sitting on the Soda fire now.. Some info ....

tmp_9194-Wildfire-Smoke-Map-Aug-18-2015-237608540.jpg

tmp_9194-lg_fire_nifc_2015-08-19-1398724981.jpg

Man. the northwest is hit hard this year. We seemed to have mostly dodged the bullet here in Utah.

I just drove to the Oregon coast for some surfing (which was awesome) last week and weekend. We stayed in John Day the first night (last Wed) to see the meteors. On the way to Mt Hood the next day drove THROUGH a fire on the Warm Springs res. A few days on the coast and then came back Sunday with the smoke much worse in just those few days. That entire route after the Cascades seemed to be burning.

At work I have been using this site to determine health risks from this:

http://airnow.gov/

we drove from PDX to Salt Lake Monday night when were moving, and outside Baker City, it was a dark fog. You could just smell the fire. Most of the PNW is ablaze now, sadly

Saw the moon and stars last night the first time in 8 days here on the Soda fire south of Boise

Ha...after that roll my truck still smells like stale smoke when you turn on the ac or heat.. .

Fire south end of Yellowstone lake

Fire south end of Yellowstone lake
I don't think those are that big though, right? A lot of that is already burned too. Seems like there were some fires there in 2013.

Hopefully this rain helps. It rained all day yesterday in Jackson. Its still overcast and drizzling this morning.