What's on your gear wish list?

Forty below overboots and and camp booties.
Black diamond trekking poles.
Black Rock down beanie (if it will come in a large enough size) :))

Have been good this year, please!!!!

Does that include camera gear? I want a Canon f4 16-35mm lens!

and I want the Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 lens :)

that's probbably the only wish I have since I already have all the caping gear I need.
An inflatable SUP would also be super nice.
I will spent more time paddling next year since my knees will probably not let me go on many backpacking trips

Not going to purchase anything for Christmas but the REI dividend will likely go for one of these-so they know where to pick up the remains:roflmao:

http://www.rei.com/product/815753/acr-electronics-resqlink-406-gps-personal-locator-beacon#tab-specs
John, put my name in the database to come help retrieve your remains for you. But, one question... why retrieve them? I'm thinking of self-retiring in the backcountry some day and leaving my friends a note and $3K for a helicopter but then I wonder.. what for?

These are great! I have to refrain from altruistic sayings and claiming peace on earth or something productive and humane from my state legislature but since those are all unlikely I will say a Panasonic Loomy GH4

Last edited:
I need lots of new stuff. My Sleeping Bag + Pack + Tent is over 15 pounds. I think I need to replace at least 2 of those next year.

John, put my name in the database to come help retrieve your remains for you. But, one question... why retrieve them? I'm thinking of self-retiring in the backcountry some day and leaving my friends a note and $3K for a helicopter but then I wonder.. what for?

The $3K is for the party they'll throw to remember a life well lived. :D I'm going to self-retire too, to badly quote Edward Abbey, in the wildest, most desolate place I can find. I just hope when the time comes my knees and hips will be able to get me there.

The $3K is for the party they'll throw to remember a life well lived. :D I'm going to self-retire too, to badly quote Edward Abbey, in the wildest, most desolate place I can find. I just hope when the time comes my knees and hips will be able to get me there.
That is why you work diligently on a compassionate life well-lived - then, like Abbey, your many appreciative friends will haul your dusty remains to that wild and desolate place!

Tis' the season to stock up on some new gear. What's on everybody's wish lists? I'm thinking about a new headlamp for starters. The Black Diamond ReVolt is tempting. I really dig the idea of being able to top of the batteries in between trips.

So what are you wishing for? Don't forget to post a link. :)

The Revolt is a good choice. I like mine a lot.

Can't think of much. I "need" a few random items for winter camping. Cookie sheet, cook cozies, new CC ski's, perhaps a new white gas stove or maybe give the jetboil joule cold weather cook system a try. A need a couple of new maps. Hmmmmm

-ENO rain fly for my son's hammock
-Mountain Hardwear Bivy for snow caves
-Already picked up an OR 3 in 1 jacket (my new favorite BTW) and a TNF McMurdo Parka (works great in -20 wind chill)

my wishlist:

- a hilleberg tent
- WM Kodiak bag
- splitboard setup
- 2 extra pair of tubbs flx trk snowshoes for friends
- another inflatable stand up paddleboard
- alpacka packraft
- HMG ultamid 4

Nice. Do you remember which model you bought? My buddy has a 10' ISLE all around. We traded back and forth all day long. The ISLE is well built, very stable, and easy to paddle. I think you're going to love it.

IMG_2020-L.jpg

IMG_1985-L.jpg

Steve, I got the 10'4 Women's version of their inflatable.

http://www.islesurfboards.com/isle-womens-inflatable-stand-up-paddle-board-10-4.aspx

It looks really nice and the reviews were good, too.
I tried an Isle SUP this summer in Escalante when a nice guy let me try it out. After that I was definitely hooked.
We definitely need to get out a bit more next year and take our gear with us.

What inflatable SUP do you want to add to your gear?
Isle still has a sale on its boards, but it's only $75 off instead of yesterday's $100 off.

Sweet! I'm getting a red 12'6" explorer inflatable. Between @Tess and me, we only have one inflatable SUP. With the Red we'll each have one, so we can head out on the water together.

I prefer longer, sleeker boards to short wide ones. I don't ride waves, so I prefer something quicker. I'm tempted to get a RED windsurfer too, but we'll see what happens. I used to windsurf a lot as a teen and I miss it. With inflatable technology getting so much better, it won't be long before they can keep up with the rigid hull boards.