What is on your wish list?

blueeyes

ephemeral excursionist
In reading several posts today I have added to my wish list. (I have several this one is backpack specific) What is on your wish list?

1. New backpack (comfortable as in I don't want to take it off every 5 min)
  2. Steripen
  3. Something to keep me warm in my sleeping bag. I have a Big Agnes 15F with the sleeve for sleeping pad. I freeze, but then I freeze in my own bed.
  4. Good backpacking recipes
  5. First Aid Kit
  6. Light weight tent

New Tarp, maybe a new pair of backpacking pants but I doubt it.. that's all

I just knocked out over half my list in the last month so here's what I have left.

For sure:
3 new Osprey Packs
gas powered lantern
new trekking poles

Maybe:
A second UL tent, 2 or 4 man.
2 backpacking inflatable pads with insulation (sick of freezing on my air-core pads but I love the weight)
2 15/20°degree bags under 3lbs and a killer deal.

1. A good down bag
2. New boots
3. A nice wide brimmed hat.

Since I bought a new pack, tent, down bag and sleeping pad in the last few months, all I need now for backpacking is the Steripen and filter...

I should be picking up an inflatable kayak before it warms up so I don't have to borrow my friends anymore, too.

...all of my new backpacking gear should work out great for some overnight river trips, too :)

I just knocked out over half my list in the last month so here's what I have left.

For sure:
3 new Osprey Packs
gas powered lantern
new trekking poles

Maybe:
2 backpacking inflatable pads with insulation (sick of freezing on my air-core pads but I love the weight)

You should check out the Kelty Cosmic Down 20 or the Kelty Light Trekker Down 20. They are basically the same bag. I have one of each and love them. They weigh 2.5 lbs and I have used them down to 20 and been comfortable. I bought the Cosmic Down for $70 and found the Light Trekker Down on clearance at Target for $35! I think Recreation Outlet in SLC and Ogden has them for around $70.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Kelty Cosmic Down 20 or the Kelty Light Trekker Down 20.

How small do they pack down because space is a HUGE issue for me this year.

I should note that I picked up a slew of pro-deals from the OR this past week so I have lots of great options right now ;)

- Steripen ( not sure, which one I should choose)
- subzero temps sleeping bag
- new snowshoes for strenuous and steep terrain
- watershoes

Oh yes new shoes! After hiking the Wave my feet were sore I need ones.

For sure:
3 new Osprey Packs
gas powered lantern
new trekking poles

Maybe:

First I am glad to know I am not the only person freezing! And going to add trekking poles.

How small do they pack down because space is a HUGE issue for me this year.

I should note that I picked up a slew of pro-deals from the OR this past week so I have lots of great options right now ;)

About the size of a football. Kelty's sight says 8"x13"

Also, if you are wanting a backpacking inflatable pad, Sierra Trading Post has the Big Agnes Sand Mountain Insulated Pad in size Long for $62. If you use coupon code AVNEWYEAR2 you can get 20% off that. It is a mummy style pad and weighs 1lb 5oz. I picked one up a month or so ago and they are nice. It is rated at 15 degrees.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/bi...terString=sleeping-pads~d~210/&colorFamily=01

Sierra Trading Post has the Big Agnes Sand Mountain Insulated Pad in size Long for $62. If you use coupon code AVNEWYEAR2 you can get 20% off that. It is a mummy style pad and weighs 1lb 5oz. I picked one up a month or so ago and they are nice. It is rated at 15 degrees.
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/big-agnes-sand-mountain-sleeping-pad-long-insulated-mummy~p~2929h/?filterString=sleeping-pads~d~210/&colorFamily=01

Looks like its sold out, good thing I have a big agnes pro-deal that I can use to order from them directly :)

This list is for backpacking only. I could go on and on for other things I want for outdoors use (wetsuits for canyoneering, Go Pro, more rope, Camp chairs, etc.)

NEED NOW
2-4 UL sleeping pads (big agnes insulated) - Definitely two for my wife and I, my other kids can either suffer, or if I can afford more when I get my tax return I'll buy some for them too :)
Gravity fed water filter system (thinking of using Deadeye's cheap way of doing it)
Better hiking shoes (just using Adidas trail runners, which are actually comfortable, but wear out fast)

WANT/NEED EVENTUALLY
I have two REI Polar Pod 25 degree bags (3.5 lbs), but thinking I'll eventually want some good down bags and I'll have to think about my kids soon too
More dry compression stuff sacks
Treking poles
ENO Hammock
Some sort of emergency beacon
New GPS