Album Trails

Crypt Lake Trail - Waterton National Park - Canada. I'm sure many of you have heard of this trail. You need to take a boat shuttle to get to the trailhead. Then to access the lake you climb a ladder and crawl thru a tunnel. The lake sits in a cliffView attachment 36041 View attachment 36042 locked bowl and the outlet is an underground stream.

I know you said you did this a while back, but I'd LOVE to see a trip report of this!

Do "former" trails count? (This one's in the Winds)

P1080632-L.jpg

Cardiac Hill in the Beartooths
DSC_0159-L.jpg

East Rosebud Trail below Rimrock Lake
P1090456-L.jpg

Somewhere in the Gila Wilderness
IMG_0095-L.jpg

Soggy trail in the Red River Gorge area (I really don't like hiking in forests)
DSC_1520-L.jpg

There's not much payoff. I took the pictures 29 years ago and scanned into my computer who knows when, so the quality is not there. Attached are pictures of the falls that emerges from the lake (this shows the basin the lake sits in). The view from the back end of the tunnel. And the lake itself which I needed to tape two photos together to get.
Thanks man! I especially liked that you taped the two photos together.

@chandlerwest where is a pic of the lake? Don't get me wrong the trail is awesome, but where's the payoff?

Here is a photo of the falls, and you can see the lake in the background:
DSC_0010.JPG

Here is a view from the food prep area:
DSC_0005.JPG

I took this shot the next day of the lake, it was overcast and about to rain, so its not the best shot:
DSC_0016.JPG

And here is the aerial view. That's Lake Ellen Wilson above, and the waterfall falling down into Lincoln Lake:
DSC_0516.JPG

I'm probably one of the few people who's hiked out to Lincoln Lake more than once. Its 8 miles, 2400 feet of elevation gain, steep in spots, and completely overgrown. Its a great place to camp. Just depends on what your looking for out of your trip.

@Joey Thanks!!! I'd love to go there at least once. I'll be hitting you up for beta for sure.
Salud!

GLACIER NATIONAL PARK - Highline TrailHighlineIMG_9362.jpg Siyeh Pass TrailSiyehIMG_9777.jpgSnyder Ridge Trail - I love this stretch of forest. I first walked thru it 30 years ago and pray a fire doesn't hit in my lifetime. SnyderRidgeIMG_3706.jpg This trail grouping theme is: That's Scott Chandler

Last edited:
...oh yes, this hike is an adventure. :)

Gesendet von meinem iPadAir2 mit TapaTalk