Trachyte + Maidenwater

I dislocated a finger a few times, it's painful.
But nothing is more painful than dislocating your knee on the weirdest situations.

But I'm glad your knee hold the trip and you actually could enjoy most of the trip. Heal fast and be careful next time.

I had no idea an x-ray could have such an effect! Sorry, Art! :oops:
The X-ray imagery really doesn't but those bloody crooked finger pics. Oh my my. I can stop at a wreck and administer first-aid to a bleeding driver but just let me see a pic of your finger at a 90 degree angle or a mangled/dead animal.... :)

Man Nick now you have me nervous because I'm the same age as you and out of shape and you are allready falling apart. Its good to see you out though now I just need to get my fat but out.

Use me as motivation to get your butt to the gym (or the trail), Jeff! This winter has motivated the hell out of me! :)
Well if you all need any company in your next few trips (wile you're still hobbled) let me know because my friends are fare weather backpackers.

Nice report. Hope you're on the mend. Liked the photos but first time I've ever said my favourite was the X-ray with two halves to one finger's bones.!!

The finger has been healing amazingly fast. I still don't have full range of motion or anything, but I was carrying around heavy coolers with it this past weekend. So glad it was just dislocated. It's still like a half inch shorter than my other pinky though. The doc had no explanation for that...

@Nick How's the ole pinky and knee doing lately?

Pinky will never be the same, neither will the knee. Fortunately, I don't need the pinky for much. It's still kinda mangled and won't straighten out or bend all the way, but it's not really a problem. Oh, and it is still about a half an inch shorter than the other. Really strange. The knee is finicky. Feels great sometimes, I can barely walk a few feet at others. The more I sit in a chair, the worse it gets. Fingers crossed I'll have better things to say about it someday very soon. It does seem to be on a generally upward trend lately.