Awesome, looks like a fantastic day.
I hope to go back in the future, there still is so much to explore for me

That is how I felt! If it hadn't been so cold I would have wandered around a bit. I told Spencer as soon as it warms up at night we will start camping and I think we will head that direction most of the time until it is too hot and we retreat to the mountains.

That is how I felt! If it hadn't been so cold I would have wandered around a bit. I told Spencer as soon as it warms up at night we will start camping and I think we will head that direction most of the time until it is too hot and we retreat to the mountains.

I went in winter two yeas ago and couldn't go everywhere, because it was too slippery and many parts of the slickrock were covered in ice and snow.
The cold didn't bother me, sometimes I was sitting in the snow only with a t shirt. But some parts around the wave were really of limits due to the icy conditions

Working on my photos and had to share this sequence. Spencer made this small cairn to photograph

DSCF4623.jpg

I loved the way he was laying on his stomach trying to take the perfect picture. So I took a picture of him taking a picture of the cairn.

P1130548.jpg

He was a bit irritated with me because I was ruining his backdrop. Geez mom what are ya thinking!

DSCF4616.gif

In the end he took a picture of me taking a picture of him taking a picture of the cairn.

I have picked my favorites

Just before we started the hike.

web 1.gif

As we arrived at the Wave

web2.gif

The wave

web-3.gif

web4.gif

web-5.gif

web-5a.jpg

web-6.gif

web-7.gif

web-8.gif

web-9.gif

web-10.gif

Hiking back out

web-11.gif

web-12.gif

web-14.gif

Sand Drop

web-13.gif

You got some really nice shots! I really like Spencer's cairn shot too. It seems that when shooting landscapes most of us forget to shoot anything other than wide. The narrow depth of field is a nice touch.

I think my two favorite pictures are his cropped cairn pic and the one I took of him taking that pic. By the way we stole a pic of yours, a mountain/lake reflection shot from Amethyst Basin. Spencer is practicing his drawing skills, specifically reflections. He was ooing and aawing over you star trails.

Glad the permits are going to good use :) I hope to make it out there in late Oct/Nov, but I'm having my doubts (new car, responsibilities, blah blah blah)

:cool:

I hope you can make it happen! Yes the permits are going to good use.

Looks cold but beautiful. You should really be proud of your photo's, you are concerned with perspectives that are often overlooked. I think it might be a mother's eye, or more generally a human eye. Getting the photo of your son captures the moment and now you both have that forever.

I'm glad you made it! It's nice to see another mother and son team out there hiking the trails.:) My son is at the age where I practically have to bribe him to go. It looks like Spencer enjoys it, though.:)

Here is our gopro stuff added the pics at the end. Plan on sending their grandmothers a DVD of our adventures.

Looks cold but beautiful. You should really be proud of your photo's, you are concerned with perspectives that are often overlooked. I think it might be a mother's eye, or more generally a human eye. Getting the photo of your son captures the moment and now you both have that forever.

Thanks.

I'm glad you made it! It's nice to see another mother and son team out there hiking the trails.:) My son is at the age where I practically have to bribe him to go. It looks like Spencer enjoys it, though.:)

We love hiking together. He didn't use to be so amiable about it. About the time we moved to Southern Utah he truly became my favorite hiking partner. My youngest still complains too much.