The NFL thread

Chuck the Mauler

Formally known as "kcwins"
Greetings backpackers and adventure seekers. This is a thread designed especially for the NFL and fantasy football enthusiast's. Who's your team and why? Who do you hate? Which player put your fantasy football team over the top this week? You get it.

Me? I'm a Lions fan. Come on.....why not the Lions? It's been just a little over 50 years. The team I CURRENTLY hate is the Steelers. Way too many criminals for me. I think they only draft kids from the SEC and ACC. Yes, I'm a fantasy football geek. I manage 6 teams at a cost of just under $4000. I usually do pretty well. Worst I've done in the past 15 years is break even. Most years there is enough positive money to help pay for Christmas and 1 of my out west trips each year.

@Vegan.Hiker , how bout them Jets? J.E.T.S, jets. jets, jets!

Most over rated team in the history of the NFL. There are half a dozen teams that were better than the 72' Fins. They were +2 in the Super Bowl! +2! I'm sure they'll be poppin champagne when the last unbeaten team gets their first loss this year......like every year.
NEXT!!

As Chuck mentioned, I'm a Jets fan through and through. Which of course means I hate the Patsies and the Dolphins - sorry @scatman. Have a really good feeling about this year's team and the new regime.

Jets 2-0 and my fantasy team 2-0. I like how this year is starting out.

The fact that Bob Griese is in the HOF is a joke. His numbers are the worst of any QB in (56% completion rating, 155 yards per game, avraged less than a TD per game, etc.........) JOKE!!

Since I'm originally from the Indianapolis area, I go with the Colts. It's been a rough start to the season, and that's all I'll say about that.

Least favorite team has to be the Patriots because they've crushed our Super Bowl dreams too many times. Gotta respect how great of a team they are, however. Even if they hadn't deflated the balls, they still would've destroyed us in the AFC championship like they almost always do.

The fact that Bob Griese is in the HOF is a joke. His numbers are the worst of any QB in (56% completion rating, 155 yards per game, avraged less than a TD per game, etc.........) JOKE!!

Can't believe I'm defending a Dolphin but I don't think looking at career stats across different era's is all that meaningful since the game has evolved so much over time. If you look at stats alone, Joe Namath (more INT's than TD's) looks even less HoF worthy than Griese but there's a lot to consider about what the game was like "back then" to put those stats into proper context. Griese also made it to 3 Super Bowls and won 2 of them I believe.

You beat me to the punch @Vegan.Hiker . Not only three Super Bowls in a row but I'm guessing he had a pretty good winning percentage for his career. While I used to be a huge fan of the NFL, I've soured on it a bit over the years. When I was younger, I viewed it as a tough man's game. Today, it seems more of a pretty boy's game and by that I mean teams aren't really allowed to play defense anymore. You can't touch a receiver or a quarterback anymore. My views are probably in the minority, but I'd just as soon watch a 9 - 3 slug fest as a high scoring 45 - 38 game.

As Chuck mentioned, I'm a Jets fan through and through. Which of course means I hate the Patsies and the Dolphins - sorry @scatman. Have a really good feeling about this year's team and the new regime.

Jets 2-0 and my fantasy team 2-0. I like how this year is starting out.

Though a Dolphins fan, I've never had a real dislike for the Jets. I was actually a big Joe Namath fan when I was a kid. I also never disliked the Patriots until recently and only because they have cheated.

I'll tell you one thing that really pissed me off though. The dolphins changing there uniforms! No reason to change one of the best uniforms in the game IMHO. Like I said a pretty boys game.

The team I despise is the Raiders! :mad:

Since I'm originally from the Indianapolis area, I go with the Colts. It's been a rough start to the season, and that's all I'll say about that.

Least favorite team has to be the Patriots because they've crushed our Super Bowl dreams too many times. Gotta respect how great of a team they are, however. Even if they hadn't deflated the balls, they still would've destroyed us in the AFC championship like they almost always do.

I liked the colts when they were in Baltimore. I still think Johnny Unitas is the best quarterback of all time. Haven't followed the colts much since their move to Indianapolis.

My team is the Steelers even though I have no ties to Pittsburgh. I started watching and following them back when Kordell Stewart was the 'slash'...too bad he never really worked out. Then there was the Bus and coach Cower's chin...
Funny thing is I started liking them back when they were on a downhill slide. I didn't know their history or care. But I can't complain now.

I'm a little different when it comes to disliking. Of course I want beat the trash birds, turds, and bungels head-to-head, however I want them to win everyone else. It just makes the division that much better. More than anything I want a good, competitive game between whomever is playing.

I'm glad there's some JETS fans out there. I like them too, mainly for the unforgettable butt fumble!

So much content here. Where to start? @scatman - While the best QB of all time will always be a great debate, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't like Tom Brady? I unfriend you. Do you think that N.E. is the only team to over or under inflate their footballs? They're is documentation of that for at least 6 other teams. Same can be said about teams "spying" or taking video of other teams. Help me help you love the Pats.

Love the "Owen" joke @hikerboy . Well done.

@TannerT I used to love the Steelers, but can't stand the rapist Ben Uslesburger. I could go on and on, but my blood pressure is rising already. Gotta go........