Album The members of backcountrypost.com

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Backcountry Post, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Artemus

Artemus I walk

A little teaser of what might be coming soon ?!?! Holy Smokey, now that is a teaser! Maybe. Looks like that raft carries more stuff than the pontoon boat. :moses:

Nick likes this.
  2. slc_dan

slc_dan Desert Rat-Weekend Warrior

ha! @Ezra has a handle now :lol:

Artemus and Nick like this.
  3. piper01

piper01 Member

Hmm...whiskey and a microphone. I don't see this going horribly wrong in any way, shape, or form. :uhhuh:

Artemus and Nick like this.
  4. chandlerwest

chandlerwest Member

Artemus, danger02ward, Joey and 6 others like this.
  5. Joey

Joey walking somewhere

A few mug shots from the last 2 months. I've got some reports to write up:

DSC_0444.JPG
    Fairyland Basin, Yellowstone National Park.

DSC_0076.JPG
    After 9 years, I finally made it out to Gyrfalcon Lake, in Glacier National Park.

DSC_0082.JPG
    Another shot of me at Gyrfalcon Lake, with my buddy Pat, who masterminded our traverse of Thunderbird Mountain to get here.

14370180_10154554456669766_5409223902674568385_n.jpg
    @Keith R. and myself drying out after the first of several snowstorms, overlooking the Thorofare Valley, Yellowstone National Park.

25.JPG
    @Keith with the elk skull along Broad Creek, a short distance downstream from Tern Lake, Yellowstone National Park.

14238127_10154523127229766_1263888313051042757_n.jpg @Keith R. and myself drinking beer at the top of Knapsack Col in the Wind Rivers. As usual, I had spilled open a beer in my pack, and pored the remaining beer in my water bottle, which is what Keith is drinking from.

14224723_10154554463439766_8814190007470729734_n.jpg
    Me enjoying a view of the Thorofare, along a side channel of the Yellowstone River.

DSC_0269.JPG
    Me near our off trail camp as the saddle above Olson Lake, Glacier National Park. Starting from the left, you can see Vulture Peak, Redhorn Peak, Nahsukin Mountain, Trapper Peak, and several others including Longfellow and Heaven's Peak.

14117765_10154488615979766_1098963054864237819_n.jpg
    Me working my way up above Connie Glacier, in Wyoming's Wind River Range.

14364856_10154554456929766_7008517054776302862_n.jpg
    @Keith R. and myself along Two Ocean Plateau, Yellowstone National Park.

14317359_10154554456479766_2971848037759658366_n.jpg
    Mariposa Lake, Yellowstone National Park.

DSC_0010.JPG
    @Keith R. and myself hanging out with some guy named Mario, at Bowman Lake, Glacier National Park.

I sort of feel guilty posting all of this, but if some of you guys are going to count bag nights, I would prefer to just post pictures, and hopefully encourage a few people looking at them to get out here.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  6. Ben

Ben Member

^happy for you man.

Joey likes this.
  7. Nick

Nick Post 'em if you got 'em!

What's to feel guilty about? Post pictures, post bag nights, post stories! All are welcome and encouraged.

blueeyes, Jackson, Joey and 1 other person like this.
  8. Jeffrey Chandler

Jeffrey Chandler Member

@Joey I just have to say WOW at everything you have been posting. The Glacier nerd in me is really shining and with those other places, I am super impressed. Also, Very nice you finally got to Gyrfalcon Lake, seems like a wonderful place to get to that happens to be in a wonderful park. Will hopefully try to get to it sometime before I'm 26 ish (arbitrary age)

P.S. Where the heck is Olson Lake!? never have I heard of anything Olson in GNP lol:)

Joey and Ben like this.
  9. Joey

Joey walking somewhere

Look for Olson Creek. The lakes directly east of the Guardhouse.

DSC_0245.JPG You can see part of it in this picture, the top lake.

I was going to write up the trip report this week, but need to wait until I get back to my other computer down in Utah. It's kind of a good one. Most incredible trip i've ever done. I'm going to send you a link with more pictures.

10. Jackson

Jackson I like to go outside.

Do as you please, I'm always pumped to read your reports and see the photos and videos. And I'm probably not alone in saying it would be awesome to see how many bag nights you get in a year. Haha.

Joey likes this.
  11. Joey

Joey walking somewhere

Thanks Jackson. I didn't mean it as a negative towards the bag night thing. I just don't always feel comfortable posting stuff, since it can be a lot, and some people take it as a "look at me" type thing, which is not what i'm going for.

blueeyes, River and Jeffrey Chandler like this.
  12. Nick

Nick Post 'em if you got 'em!

I see that from people on Facebook a lot. They never post anything and seem annoyed by people that do post things because they actually go and do things. You know, the "he's always on vacation" people. Fortunately, this is Backcountry Post. The only thing discouraged is discouraging people from posting. Anyone looking at BCP is here to see posts of people showing what they're up to in the outdoors.

blueeyes, River, MikeM and 3 others like this.
  13. danger02ward

danger02ward Love the Mountains!

Joey likes this.
  14. Jackson

Oh I didn't take it negatively! I figured it was about not wanting to toot your own horn, and I admire that.

Thanks for the inspiration with all these recent posts!

Joey likes this.
  15. SKLund

SKLund Member

Guadalupe Mesa near Jemez Springs, NM highres_450581393.jpeg

Pedernal near Abiquiu, NM
    highres_450591087.jpeg
    Caja del Rio Plateau, NM
    highres_450031500.jpg

Artemus, Scott Chandler, Curt and 2 others like this.
  16. misSOULa

misSOULa New Member

Hi all,

My name is Corey and I am a new member to backcountrypost, from Missoula, MT. What I love about where I live is acccess to multiple wildernesses in a close proximity: Selway-Bitterroot, Rattlesnake, Mission mountains, and more. I am also just a few hour drive from Glacier, which I have been attempting to keep a once a year trip up there a tradition. I am hoping to compile some photos and info together to create some TR's for some of the backpacking and day trips in my area. On to a couple photos:

My faithful trail partner (remi) and I atop Stuart Peak in the Rattlesnake Wilderness:
    [​IMG]

Me along Avalanche Creek in Glacier
    [​IMG]

And finally, checking out the SW horizon towards Idaho on the trail up to Nelson Lake, southern part of the Bitterroot mountain range.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    blueeyes, danger02ward, MikeM and 7 others like this.
  17. Jackson

Welcome! I've been eyeing the Mission Mountains for a little while. Looking forward to seeing your trip reports!

18. gnwatts

gnwatts Member

19. Joey

Joey walking somewhere

Whats up Corey! Glad to see you on here.

misSOULa and Jeffrey Chandler like this.
  20. misSOULa

misSOULa New Member

Thanks Joey, I found this awesome place because of you! I still have a couple beers with your name on them next time you swing through missoula!

Joey likes this.