Sleeping bag help

okay, again I'm looking for a sleeping bag. I want to replace my shoulder season synthetic bags(a bit too bulky) with a nice down sleeping bag.
Main criteria are light weight around 2 lb or less, small pack size, and a temperature rating around 10-15 F. Because I usually sleep really cold I need the extra degrees, even if it could be a bit warm for some summer trips.

I really dig into the Marmot Plasma 15 or the Mountain Hardwear Phantasia 15.
I know they are a bit pricey, but I would definitely invest the money for a good lightweight down bag.
Another consideration is the Feathered Friends Raven Nano 10.

Any other ideas? Which one would you choose?

I have the MH Phantom 32 and I love it. I also lust over the Plasma 30 like the one we're giving away at the end of the month. You know, you could post a trip report and maybe get one for free! ;) Anyway, I think you'd be very happy with either. I suppose for you it would be good to scout bags with very little extra space though, so maybe something like that FF Nano would be just the thing.

I have the MH Phantom 32 and I love it. I also lust over the Plasma 30 like the one we're giving away at the end of the month. You know, you could post a trip report and maybe get one for free! ;) Anyway, I think you'd be very happy with either. I suppose for you it would be good to scout bags with very little extra space though, so maybe something like that FF Nano would be just the thing.

Nick, I still hope I will find a day soon to post a trip report or two. Unfortunately so far I need to emphasize a bit on my studies. :(
Hopefully next weekend I will find some time. Especially with such a great price like the Plasma 30, very tempting.

I also compared all the mentioned bags this morning. And as much as I want the sweet Plasma 15, they do not offer a women's version. Even the regular one will be way too long for me. And the other thing I really like with the women's bags is they are warmer in specific areas.
To make a long story short, I triggered the button this morning and ordered the Mountain Hardwear Phantasia bag. And with the College student discount at Campsaver. com I saved 20% or 100 bucks. It's still a pricey bag but at least I can live with that.
And it seems only a little bit heavier than the Plasma 15.

Now I'm super excited to get my bag and use it as soon as possible. :)
For most of my needs a 15 degree bag is okay. If I really need a warmer bag I can use my wonderful and warm 0 degree Marmot bag.

yeah, my bag arrived today and I'm totally happy. It packs so small and with the 2 lb it's so light, absolutely awesome.
Finally I have a warm and lightweight bag that also fits into my Osprey Kestrel 38 pack.
I can't wait to use it soon :frantic:

ada4uqyd.jpg

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
regehr zipperless sleeping bag General Discussion 6
Bob Gear Review NEMO Riff Sleeping bag Gear Reviews 1
OwenM SOLDMarmot Pinnacle 15° sleeping bag Gear Market: Buy, Sell, Trade 4
TrailScot Sleeping bag decision : WM Versalite vs Apache MF Gear 6
wsp_scott Recommend me a sleeping bag Gear 40
Adr1an +5 C° comfort temperature sleeping bag Gear 12
Yvonne Below Zero Winter Sleeping Bag Gear 18
Perry Anyone Have any Experience with Sierra Designs Nitro 800 0-degree Sleeping Bag Gear 11
Pianomover Sleeping bag liners. Gear 40
D Western Mountaineering sleeping bag recommendations plz General Discussion 5
Tystevens What is your sleeping bag lineup? Gear 23
kimbur96 Winter sleeping bag? Gear 17
AKay09 Sleeping Bag Thoughts Gear 9
balzaccom Sleeping bag maintenance Gear 4
pstm13 Sleeping Bag Loft and Temp Rating Gear 3
Spencer Sutherland Long Sleeping Bag Gear 7
Mike K Sleeping Bag Repair (With Tape) Gear 7
natylka Advice on the best lightweight sleeping bag for backpacking. Gear 27
TrektheWorld Kids/Child Sleeping Bag ?? Gear 9
mtjack Late Fall/winter sleeping bag Gear 2
IntrepidXJ 0 Degree Semi-Rectangular Down Sleeping Bag? Gear 15
Nick Sleeping Bag Alternatives Gear 23
Tyler Gear Review Kelty light trekker 20 degree down sleeping bag Gear Reviews 12
HomerJ Gear Review Mont Bell U.L. Super Spiral #1 - Sleeping Bag Gear Reviews 0
F Your go to insulated sleeping pad? Gear 17
regehr sleeping in the vehicle Trip Planning 34
Janice Sleeping Bear Dunes Hiking & Camping 13
Adr1an Deuter: sleeping bags versus backpacks Gear 0
Miya Beach Backpacking and Creek Bed Sleeping Backpacking 29
Ugly Sleeping with Pfieff, Maybird in May, or Summer -Winter Backpacking Winter Sports 7
Born to Hike Can the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Sleeping Pad be used for this? Gear Reviews 5
T RMNP sleeping pad question- mid July Trip Planning 4
Vegan.Hiker New sleeping platform for my car General Discussion 9
Kelley Another Sleeping Pad question. Gear 5
Miya Water Resistant Down Sleeping Bags? Gear 36
Lincsco Sleeping pads for side sleepers Gear 17
Wanderlust073 Sleeping Pads Gear 49
N Sleeping bags for 2 Gear 8
Outdoors24 Sleeping Pad! Gear 9
andyjaggy Sleeping General Discussion 37
uintahiker Patching Sleeping Pads & Air Mattresses Gear 23
DrNed Nemo Astro Air Ultralight Sleeping Pad Gear 6
Eugene Sleeping bags Gear 23
Tater Head Now entering the ring... (sleeping pads) Gear 44
TheDunedain Sleeping ute access? Trip Planning 2
K Recommendations for sleeping bags/pads on a college student budget? Gear 15
Aldaron Sleeping Pad Straps Gear 7
Deadeye008 Klymit sleeping pads sale Gear 0
Deadeye008 Gear Review Klymit Static V Sleeping Pad Gear Reviews 3
RyanP Sawyer Squeeze questions: how to pre-filter, and recommended dirty-water bag? Gear 30