Shuttle Needed from Vernal UT to Leidy Peak - August 6th

Wobegon

Hey everybody, former AT thru-hiker looking to take a week's vacation to do a Westbound Uintas hike from Leidy Peak to Highway 150.

I am flying into SLC from NYC and will take the Greyhound to Vernal. I am wondering if anyone lives near Vernal and would be willing to shuttle me to Leidy Peak. Will pay. Looking at Saturday, August 6th. Thanks!

Hey everybody, former AT thru-hiker looking to take a week's vacation to do a Westbound Uintas hike from Leidy Peak to Highway 150.

I am flying into SLC from NYC and will take the Greyhound to Vernal. I am wondering if anyone lives near Vernal and would be willing to shuttle me to Leidy Peak. Will pay. Looking at Saturday, August 6th. Thanks!
If you're a thru hiker you can probably do the full monty from highway 191 to Mirror Lake in a week. That's just a hitch up the road from Vernal; much easier start. If you're flying from sea level you might appreciate starting a little lower anyway to give yourself a day of acclimation before you head into the real high terrain.

One other thing to consider is how you're planning to get from Mirror Lake back to Salt Lake. If you're planning on ending on a weekend, you'll probably be able to get a one-ride hitch all the way to Salt Lake; tons of traffic between Mirror Lake and SLC on a summer weekend. That being said, could be risky if you're cutting it close with your return flight.

By the way, what year did you hike?

Also @Nick would it be feasible to start a Highline Trail logistics sticky?

I'm not really inclined to start a sticky for logistics of a specific route, especially since there are so many that get discussed as much or more than the Uinta Highline.
Fair; in that case it'd make sense to start a Coyote, Grand Gulch, and a whole bunch more. Which at that point, it'd just turn into another full-blown Resources section.

Hello Utahins! Is there anyone that might be able to help this guy out with a ride from Vernal to Leidy peak in August. I had the same problem in August 2015 so I ended up hiking a loop and couldn't finish the Highline Trail . Finding a shuttle is and can be the most difficult part of planning a hike and failing to find one can cancel a great hiking trip. .....Good luck Wobegon!

There's probably not a lot of folks on here that live in or around Vernal. Best bet would be to target that area directly somehow.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
fiber Hanksville Shuttle Needed: April 18 from Burr Point to West Rock Canyon Trip Planning 0
Nick Zion shuttle needed General Discussion 5
Tarp Boy Looking for Shuttle service for Uintas Granddaddy basin trip Trip Planning 0
BJett Rockcastle River No Shuttle Packrafting - Kentucky On The Water 2
Normie Invite Looking for shuttle partner -- two trips in Southern Utah Meet Up (Members Only) 5
A Teton Crest Trail Shuttle Resource Discussions 3
S Mt Whitney Shuttle Hiking & Camping 0
D Grand Gulch Shuttle Trip Planning 4
J Uinta Highline Trail Shuttle Trip Planning 0
S Uinta Highline Trail shuttle options? Trip Planning 5
W Little Colorado shuttle / transport Trip Planning 7
yoBear2116 Doing a shuttle on the Teton Crest Trail Trip Planning 4
TeamJenkins17 Cody Shuttle Trip Planning 4
S Spring Canyon, Capitol Reef-vehicle shuttle Sun, Mar 24. Meet Up (Members Only) 0
linkin22luke Shuttle for the Teton Crest Trail Trip Planning 1
O Shuttle service for boaters in Grand Junction area? Trip Planning 2
L Crack in the Wall shuttle Trip Planning 0
Amanda Mitchell Vernal, Utah Uinta Highline Trail shuttle offer Noobs: Introduce yourself! 9
Stickerbumper Zion Traverse Memorial Day Weekend - Shuttle Meet Up (Members Only) 0
MarkintheHV Paria Shuttle Trip Planning 5
Brendan S Powell shuttle for hikers? Trip Planning 6
AKay09 Teton Shuttle Help 8/18 or 8/19 Trip Planning 0
genez Teton shuttle help 7/10 ? Trip Planning 23
Ravialdo Shuttle for Dominguez Wilderness? Trip Planning 3
ledcat Uintas shuttle Trip Planning 0
DrNed Mineral Bottoms Shuttle General Discussion 0
Melissa Suggestions for shuttle hike in the Needles district of Canyonlands Trip Planning 17
Bigred72 Zion info/shuttle help Meet Up (Members Only) 2
J Info needed: Bown's Canyon, Long Canyon Trip Planning 8
Perry A Bit Off Topic - Prayers Needed General Discussion 69
Titans Pharaoh Lake Wilderness- some much needed Vitamin W Hiking & Camping 5
pstm13 HELP NEEDED- Idaho in Early June for 2-3 Days Trip Planning 6
Upgrayedd Sawtooths Beta needed Trip Planning 2
LarryBoy A week in Zion... Advice needed! Trip Planning 7
KevinBoyer New Cooking Pot Needed. Gear 27
KevinBoyer New Water Filter Needed...Suggestions?? Gear 48
OCArch Suggestion Needed- 4 days in Southern Utah (Escalante?) in Mid-October Trip Planning 11
H suggestion needed: 9-day solo Winds near Elkhart Park Trip Planning 5
T Advice Needed for 5 night Backpack route in Southern Utah Trip Planning 2
Brian Skibbe 200 mile Yellowstone loop in June. Route advice needed. Trip Planning 15
Archbishop I want bag a few peaks. Advice needed. Trip Planning 33
trampalong Mylar and Mylar Bivy Advice Needed Gear 18
Uncle_Dim Wasatch Front Quick Trip Advice Needed Trip Planning 8
markj Models Needed for Monument Valley Trip Trip Planning 4
mtthwlw Protect the Southwest. Action is needed before November 16. General Discussion 0
A New guy here needed assistance! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
steve Maze help needed: Route into Water Canyon from Chimney Rock? Trip Planning 9
mtthwlw 25 mile backpacking trip ideas needed Trip Planning 8
uintahiker Recipe Resource Needed Questions, Suggestions & Support 1
weston Uinta car camping- few spots picked out, help needed! Trip Planning 0