Sensor Dust

I had them do mine a few weeks ago. Dropped it off in the morning right after they opened, but couldn't make it back until the next day to get it. But, before I told him I'd be back the following day,t he kid who does the actual cleaning told me that he does them after lunch and they generally aren't ready to be picked up until the afternoon.

You might get a different story :cool:. But, based on what he told me, sounded like you could drop one off anytime before lunch and pick it up later that same afternoon.

- DAA

sounds good, so I can drop it off on my way in or out next month and do something else in the mean time. REI is always tempting... :)

Wow, 35 bucks is a big deal.
Here at home I've to pay up to 100 bucks.
@HomerJ that's a nice article. I use Visible Dust products since a couple of years w/ my own cleaning liquid solution isopropyl alcohol + water(70/30).

I have had my Kodak since June of 2004 and never cleaned it, never noticed any sensor dust in any of the pics I have taken with it. But maybe I should have it cleaned to try and extend the life a little bit more.

Now for the serious part of this post... What is sensor dust, how does it come to be, and how does it affect the pics like the examples shown?

So this is how you can clean your camera yourself! I've been doing it wrong for so long!

I'm sure there's a back story to how the camera came to be worthless in the eye of the owner. Still, it makes me ill seeing the condensation on the lens front element. Best part is when he puts the hose up to the lens mount and it fits perfectly. :(