Picasaweb's demise & sharing photos from it

Ross

Is there anyone who used to use picasaweb to put their pictures on and allow other friends to view?

I've never used it, but a friend who has put many, many past trip pictures on there over the years said he can no longer figure out how to share with other new people (although he can see them himself still)

Is there a way he can access those and share them still. Or is the only solution is that he has to spend many hours finding the best ones again and uploading them all again on to google's new library, which I presume has a way of sharing with others.

I think he said under picasaweb there was a "link only" option, but now he's limited to a "for me only" access

Many thanks. Ross

Picassa now has transferred all pictures and albums to Google photos. There is one icon that will allow you to share on social media, Facebook, twitter etc. and... there is also another option to share with the link. There is a tab that appears when opened, that says sharing options with link. The little button that appears has to be dragged to the right to give you the link and all the options. Hope this helps. I noticed posting pics out of Google pictures is not the same quality as direct out of my computer.
I'm doing this all on my Mac. It is probably going to be close to obsolete by this spring. Everything is getting tougher to do on this computer ...same with my phone. Guess it's getting time to buy new stuff to keep up with technology.