Panasonic's new Lumix G7 MFT. I WANT

steve

Pretty stoked about this new camera from a strictly video perspective. $800, 4k internal recording, and a flippable touchscreen in a nice compact package. I'll be picking one of these up in a few weeks when they're available.

Now if only someone made something like this with a full-frame sensor. I'll bet we see some full-frames with these features in 2-3 years.

Canon, Nikon, and Sony get all the glory when it comes to cameras, but I think Panasonic puts out some cool stuff too.

In the prosumer video world, only sony and panasonic have been getting any love lately. Canon and Nikon don't have much to excite people in the ways of video.

The Sony A7s is sweet, no doubt about it, but it requires another $2000 recorder just to capture the 4k resolution, and it doesn't have a fully articulating screen, which is a huge deal to me when I'm spending $2k+ on a camera. This panasonic has 4k recording built in, a touch flippy screen, and a great pricepoint. It doesn't, however, have a full-frame sensor.

I've been a fan of the Panasonic lumix line for several years. First the zs20, then I had a tz30(zs35). Just purchased the zs40 for my girlfriend. They pack a lot into a compact with a huge optical zoom. The gps features are great as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still think i might grab one of these G7s with a metabones speedbooster so i can run my canon appsc glass. It'd be a good backup camera.

I think this scratch the itch for me wanting a gh4. It's missing the full 4k resolution of the gh4, but it could be a great little backup camera.