Oct 4-16: Here We Come!

thanks, Matt. I actually saw that and forgot to omit it from my itinerary... bummer!

Updated, kind of, itinerary. Anyone want to meet up with us along the way?

Thurs, Oct 4 - Both of us arrive in Vegas, pick up rental car, rental camera equip, borrow some gear from friend, stay with Karen's friend
Fri, Oct 5 - Day Trip to Death Valley, hopefully Zabreskie Point for Sunrise, Mesquite Dunes, Riolite Ghost Town, maybe Mosaic Canyon during the day, ending up with Badwater Basin for sunset then back to Vegas to stay with Karen's friend.
Sat, Oct 6 - Camping at Watchman Campground. Driving from Vegas up to Kanarra Creek and then over to Zion. Hoping to catch an awesome sunset, maybe of the Watchman.
Sun, Oct 7 - Spend day at Zion, not sure what we'll do yet, stay at Watchman Campground.
Mon, Oct 8 - Either Angel's Landing or Observation Point Hike, more Zion Stuff, then drive to hotel in Kanab.
Tues, Oct 9 -Sunrise at Coral Pink Sand Dunes then drive to Grand Canyon North Rim. Camp at North Rim Campground, explore the area, sunset somewhere.
Weds, Oct 10 - Sunrise at Cape Royal, drive back to campground and pack up, and head out. Drive to page, maybe stop at Lee's Ferry and Marble Canyon. Check into Hotel for 2 nights. Maybe sunset at Stud Horse Point?
Thurs, Oct 11 - Find somewhere for sunrise. Lower Antelope Canyon late morning, maybe some other stuff around Page. meet up with @Waynee-ak and head up to Horseshoe Bend for Sunset.
Fri, Oct 12 - Head over to Coyote Buttes North/the wave with Waynee-ack Camp near CBN (Stateline?)
Sat, Oct 13 - White Pocket with Waynee-ack Camp near White Pocket
Sun, Oct 14 - Sunrise at White Pocket, pick up car (not sure where we'll leave it yet), head back towards Vegas, spend the afternoon/evening at Valley of Fire?
Mon, Oct 15 - Drop off Karen at McCarran wicked early (6:50 flight) and head out for solo day of exploring, I'm thinking of going back to Valley of Fire for the day... staying with my friend in Vegas
Tues, Oct 16 - Get to Airport to fly home by 9:30a and head home

After Red Bull on Sunday is over I might wander out to your campground and at least say hi if you post the spot you end up in.

John, come earlier! ;)
Chere, and Matt, we reserved site D010 for sat and sun oct 6/7 nights.

John, come earlier! ;)
Chere, and Matt, we reserved site D010 for sat and sun oct 6/7 nights.
I can't change my schedule because my Bro is coming out from SC and he already has his tickets. Hopefully there'll be another time.

With the way things go, you'll probably run into me lot somewhere anyway! Have fun! I think we will be leaving the area after photographing sunrise, and a bit after. Hopefully the weather cooperates for us and you guys!

With the way things go, you'll probably run into me lot somewhere anyway! Have fun! I think we will be leaving the area after photographing sunrise, and a bit after. Hopefully the weather cooperates for us and you guys!
I'll wear my Backcountrypost tee-shirt :)

Sunrise in Zion = court of patriarchs viewpoint (depending on when sunrise is you might need a white permit so you can drive your car there if it is before the first shuttle)or museum patio.
Sunset= Parus trail looking toward the watchman, along kolob terrace road is another good spot, or near grafton, or smithsonian butte back way (all looking toward Zion)
Hey Matt, just going through some of these posts putting plans together. If we were interested in hitting up the Court of the Patriarchs Viewpoint for sunrise, it looks like Sunrise is at 7:33(ish), and the first bus from the visitor center is at 7AM, would that get us there in time? What's this white permit you speak of?