New NEX-6

Aldaron

Well, I got one picture this weekend up in Yellowstone and the Tetons that I liked from my new NEX-6 camera. I learned an important lesson after getting back home and looking at about 30 pictures I took of three moose: pay attention to the camera settings. Somehow my ISO had gotten changed, and the pictures had too much noise to crop. Oh well. I'll learn.

DSC00080.jpg

Now I just need to learn Lightroom so I can make the pictures better :)

Man, I've shot so many photos where I left my ISO at like 2000 from shooting stars the night before. How are you liking the Sony UI?

Yeah, I was at 6400! And it MAY have been from trying to shoot stars from the night before :)

I like the UI. This is my first high-end camera, though, so I don't have experience with other brands. I'm just happy that so many settings can be changed quickly. I honestly don't know of any problems with the UI!

Well, I just put a screen protector in my Amazon cart and then looked at the screen of the camera, and I've already scratched the heck out of it from one trip...

The scratches are superficial, I think...any advice?

I'm very anti-screw-my-camera-up-in-one-week!

The scratches aren't bad enough to hurt anything, but I still don't like them!

I'll be no help on that one. I'm very anti-screen protector. Scratches are awesome! Right?

I'm in this camp as well. A camera is a tool, not a flawless work of art. Protect your front and rear lens elements, everything else is aesthetic.

Interested to hear your thoughts on the Sony's performance going forward.

I think I figured out what scratched it: my sunglasses. Looking through the viewfinder, my sunglasses were pressing up against the screen.

Oh well. As you guys say, it doesn't affect the performance of the camera and I can't even see the scratches when the screen is turned on, so I'll probably live.

Back