Mt. Sopris, Co

I will always say the best of Colorado is unequivocally South of Highway 50, but you do great justice to your home. Great friend from Colorado College works at a private school in Carbondale, incredible area. Thanks for sharing.

I0000ycuJ_yyr2OU.jpg

Lower slope of the mountain, with Thompson Creek drainage below.

Like your photos GNWatts and Thanks for sharing. When I was a kid growing up, the family always would hang out around Glenwood Springs camping and this Roaring Fork Valley here. Mt Sopris always would look sooooo nice and inviting. Now your photos bring back lots of good memories.

Wishing You the Best!

Shot with my new toy:

I0000ix9gYwQG.58.jpg

I saw this lens a while ago before it was released. There are not that many lenses for the Sony A7R. I use my Metabones III adapter for my Canon lenses, but AF is pathetic. So when I saw this guy knew I was going to get in trouble again. Sony has a great partnership with Zeiss (I already have the 55mm), and I needed a good portrait lens that I also could use for landscapes, so I bought this Zeiss 90mm Batis f1.8. Good AF, very sharp, and unlike any lens I have ever had. No exterior buttons or rings, completely smooth, the focusing ring flush with the lens body. It has an OLED display which can come in handy. The OLED essentially takes the place of the traditional aperture ring, and gives you a digital display, and other things I am probably unaware of. The lens looks kind of like the end of a Saturn V rocket. Maybe the way lenses are headed, I don't know:

I000033xVboCQhh0.jpg

I0000oGuz5QPJy4E.jpg

I've only climbed it once, but I love seeing it every day when I'm home (south of GWS). Nothing like the alpenglow on it in winter. Great shots!