Longtime lurker..hello everyone!

rich67

I've been on the forums grabbing info for a while, but haven't posted much (if at all). I recently got into Jeeping and have a 2013 Wrangler Unlimited. Love mountain biking and kayaking. Currently living in flat Florida, but make it back out to my favorite stomping grounds of AZ and UT once in a while for some R&R.

Hey I'm in Florida at the moment, heading to ST Pete tonight for the Ray/Yankee's baseball game. :)

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Rich. I consider myself part Floridian. I lived 3 years of my childhood in Tampa (MacDill) and still have a grandma living in Ft. Myers and other relatives living up and down the east coast. My dad grew up in Ft. Lauderdale. My first experiences with camping were when I was a cub scout down there.

Oh, and go Rays!:)

I'm a Jets/Yanks/Devils/Nets fan through and through. That's because my brother who is 10 years older is a Giants/Mets/Rangers/Knicks fan. I chose the opposite teams as him as a young kid. At least the Bucs have the 1st overall pick in 2 weeks.. that's something to be somewhat excited about. Plus, at least your not a Dolphins fan. Sorry for the hikjack @rich67 .

I like the Bucs in the NFL too, but we won't talk about them right now.
Well, they are about to get the best football player to come into the NFL in a long time. :) I have a feeling things are going to turn around for them.

My dad grew up in Ft. Lauderdale
Hey, i'm going down to Ft Lauderdale tomorrow morning. My dad is from New York (hence the Yankee's game), but part of his family moved down to Broward County. I grew up in the little town of Lake Wales, which is about an hour east of Tampa.

I'm a Jets/Yanks/Devils/Nets fan through and through. That's because my brother who is 10 years older is a Giants/Mets/Rangers/Knicks fan.
Fair enough! I know a New Yorker and she is unbelievably passionate about her Mets and Jets. I have a hard time keeping up with sports as much as I used to and I blame it on my love of outdoor adventures. I'm now at a point in my life where if I had the choice between going out on a backpacking trip and attending a World Series game or Superbowl with either of the teams I like, I would probably lean toward the backpacking trip. That hasn't always been the case. ESPN used to be one of the first sites I'd check into daily. Now of course, it's BCP. :) Much less disappointment and much more fulfillment associated with spending time on backcountry plans and trips than having your heart ripped out watching your favorite teams choke away big games.

Well, they are about to get the best football player to come into the NFL in a long time. :) I have a feeling things are going to turn around for them.

Hey, i'm going down to Ft Lauderdale tomorrow morning. My dad is from New York (hence the Yankee's game), but part of his family moved down to Broward County. I grew up in the little town of Lake Wales, which is about an hour east of Tampa.
Let's hope so with the Bucs. I do have their lone Superbowl victory over the Raiders on VHS somewhere. It helped that Gruden was the Raiders coach the year before and was very familiar with them.

And that's very cool you grew up in Florida too. I took my wife and oldest daughter back there years ago for a visit with my grandma and took day trips up to Tampa and out to Miami. It was a great trip. Seeing my wife, who grew up her whole life in Utah, get to pet a gator and see wild dolphins out in the bay, swim with sea turtles, and collect shark teeth on the beach, was awesome! Enjoy your time with your dad and family down there!

Sorry for the hikjack @rich67 .
And yes, sorry about the tangent, @rich67. Back to outdoor stuff. What parts of AZ and UT do you like to roam?