Labyrinth - Sept or Oct

TannerT

Hike Hard, Tread Lightly
Hola!

I'm asking about camping availability down labyrinth canyon either the last week in september or the second week in October. We've run this section in april/may before and the river level is high and therefore the tamarisk make it almost impossible to find a decent campsite. I'm hoping that either of these weeks would be good for better beach camping and sites in general.
I know @Unimog, @gnwatts and @ashergrey chimed in last time I asked for some help and I'd love to hear from you again if you'd like/have the time.

We're also going to try using Redtail aviation to run the shuttle. We had planned on it last time, however the weather was too windy/stormy to fly so we just had to old school 'car' shuttle.

Anyway, thanks all in advance!

Tanner

I have never done Labyrinth in September, just in October, both early and late like Nick mentioned above. I like the climate a little earlier on both the Colorado and the Green. September can get hot (mid Sept. is perfect IMO), but not so bad because you can get some great rain showers that cool you off, the water is warmer for swimming. The first time we did Labyrinth -

http://backcountrypost.com/threads/labyrinth-canyon-10-4-12.1414/

we found more camp sites than the trip with Nick. Water might have been a little lower.
Have fun.

Thanks guys for responding so quickly!!!

Right now our first choice is the second full week in september and our back up will be the second full week in October. We'll be taking our 14' raft with gear. I'm supposing that the flow will still be enough for the raft...it is the Green!!! I'll keep y'all posted as the year goes on.

Salud!

sent from an undisclosed location

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Juicifer Labyrinth Canyon in April Questions Trip Planning 2
gnwatts Doing fine in Labyrinth Canyon, 9-17-20 On The Water 8
Outdoors24 Floating Labyrinth Canyon On The Water 7
Udink Labyrinth Canyon II On The Water 10
Ross Anyone want to do East Fork Fat Man's Misery-Barracks-Labyrinth Falls Oct 15 (tues) Trip Planning 0
Ross Invite Boundary/Kolob/Narrows & East Fork Fat Man’s/Labyrinth Falls (Oct) Meet Up (Members Only) 4
Ross West Canyon quicksand (a/one want to go lower West/Face/Labyrinth August? Trip Planning 3
o2bav8 Can you tell me how to get to labyrinth canyon On The Water 18
dug Type 1 Fun. Bikerafting Labyrinth Cyn. On The Water 0
Ross Labyrinth Falls Trip Planning 1
Udink Labyrinth: Ruby to Mineral On The Water 4
Udink Green River through Labyrinth and Stillwater Canyons On The Water 14
IntrepidXJ Houseboaters leave burned out mess in Labyrinth Canyon General Discussion 26
Udink Labyrinth Canyon by Jetboat On The Water 2
steve Labyrinth Canyon On The Water 9
A Labyrinth Time Needed Trip Planning 7
DrNed Favorite Places To Explore While Floating Labyrinth Trip Planning 38
TannerT Labyrinth for the first time! Trip Planning 11
steve River Trip Planning - Labyrinth Canyon in May Trip Planning 41
Nick Labyrinth Canyon On The Water 12
gnwatts Floating through Labyrinth Canyon On The Water 22
gnwatts Fight the MAN! Labyrinth Canyon........ General Discussion 3
gnwatts Stillwater Canyon (& a little bit of Labyrinth), Green River On The Water 6
Dave Kayaking Labyrinth Canyon, April 25-28 2013 On The Water 15
regehr Labyrinth Rims, March 2013 Hiking & Camping 0
gnwatts Labyrinth Canyon 10.4.12 On The Water 12
Georgia Yankee Isle Royale Kayaking August/Sept. 2023 On The Water 8
shredhiker Thorofare, Heart Lake, Snake River Sept. 2023 Backpacking 16
wsp_scott Wind River Range Sept 2021 (part 2) Backpacking 4
wsp_scott Wind River Range Sept 2021 (part 1) Backpacking 16
B Wind river range mid sept. Trip Planning 8
Titans Reflections in ponds: 4 days in The Adirondacks, Sept 1-4, 2021 Hiking & Camping 5
Jamesoutside life Looking for backpacking buddy montana aug/sept Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
wsp_scott Wind River Range (beginning of Sept 2021) Meet Up (Members Only) 11
OldBill In and Around the Winds, Sept 2020 Backpacking 8
D Tetons Crest Trail Aug./Sept. 2020 need a new partner/partners Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
OldBill A return to the Winds: Sept 12-28, 2019 Backpacking 8
Born to Hike Mountain Solitude: Reconnaissance Lake, High Uintas, early Sept 2019 Backpacking 9
kwc Adirondack Paddle Sept 2019 On The Water 2
mike_offerman Trolltunga, Norway Sept 23, 2018 Hiking & Camping 6
McKee80 Glacier NP, part 2. North Fork, Sept 2018 Backpacking 11
piper01 Glacier National Park, Part 4: Ptarmigan Tunnel and Iceberg Lake (Sept 2017) Hiking & Camping 3
piper01 Glacier National Park, Part 3: Grinnell Lake & Glacier (Sept 2017) Hiking & Camping 1
TractorDoc Day Hike -- Avalanche Peak, Yellowstone Sept. 18 Meet Up (Members Only) 4
piper01 Glacier National Park, Part 2: Siyeh Pass (Sept 2017) Hiking & Camping 2
piper01 Glacier National Park, Part 1: Hidden Lake and St. Mary & Virginia Falls (Sept 2017) Hiking & Camping 3
S Lost Creek Wilderness: 16-19 Sept. 2017 Backpacking 6
wabenho Amethyst - Sept. 11-13, 2017 Backpacking 3
McKee80 Thousand Island Lake Loop Sept 7-10, 2017 Backpacking 12
fiber Wind River Range, South - Sept 2-6, 2017 Backpacking 13