Is It Just Me That Packs This Way?

Lol, I'm not quite as bad. I make a list of what I need on my iphone. A day or two before the trip I go into the garage and throw everything on the list into a sack and bring it inside to pack. When I get home I bring my pack back into the garage and unpack everything back where it goes.

I totally explode before I pack. I spread out everything I own all over the floor several days before a trip. I like to stare at it for days and enjoy it.

I seem to just keep my bag mostly packed through the summer. I put away things like my down jacket and sleeping bag and extra food, but most of the rest just stays in the bag ready for the next outing.

Gear bomb!! I'm not sure there's any other way to pack for the first big trip of the year.

Looks pretty normal. You look pretty organized compared to me.

Mine has a separate closet...... I make a list then go pull it off the shelf.

I have a whole gear room, but I still like to spread it all out and look at it before a big trip. I don't do that for weekend trips, though...just the long trips. I think it's part of the getting excited process.

My packing method...

A) Spread gear out on dining room table
B) Pack bag
C) Try pack on
D) Repeat

Each iteration I leave stuff out until it feels right...then I throw a couple things I don't need back in.

Hey, no need to explain to me! I am the king of overpacking. My Baltoro 75 seems to hold anything and everything :)