In the Land of Yant

Rather than start my own trip report, I'm just going to add my video here. I started at Cottonwood Canyon trail in the Red Cliffs rec area, then hiked up to the road above Yant Flats to meet Miss Buffalo. Good times!

This is my worst video in a long time. I was trying some new settings on the GoPro (narrow FOV), and I don't love how it turned out.

Last edited:
Remarkable photo's @Miss Buffalo! That is incredible. When I visited this area I had nothing but boring blue skies. Looks like a great time.

Rather than start my own trip report, I'm just going to add my video here. I started at Cottonwood Canyon trail in the Red Cliffs rec area, then hiked up to the road above Yant Flats to meet Miss Buffalo. Good times!

Your dog is a trooper -- I think he gets up those rocks better than me!

- JG

Remarkable photo's @Miss Buffalo! That is incredible. When I visited this area I had nothing but boring blue skies. Looks like a great time.

That's what I usually have - boring blue skies :(

But this time the timing was perfect and I finally got my shots I was waiting for a long time.

@sixstringsteve

love that video clip, Fender is real climber :)

Beautiful Yvonne! Yant is on my list to be checked off this Thursday finally! Wish I was camping but that will have to be saved for another time.

Duke it is slick rock I don't see why you couldn't ride mountain bike. I have been wondering the same thing since I first saw photos. I haven't heard of any bike specific trails up there but I would go with mine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It is okay ...I could use some shrinking!! Not afraid of the rain. Just the muddy roads.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk