HI!!

Good to have you on here Ronnie. It's cool to see more people from the greener side of the country jumping on here. Looking forward to more trip reports posted from that neck of the woods. You'll find tons of helpful folk on here.

Hello every one. Im Ronnie from Louisiana. I like to get out in the canoe when I get a chance. Im working on gearing up and try some backpacking.

Backbone Trail in Kisatchie is a good 8 mile backpacking trail. The only place you will find rocks to hike on in Louisiana.

Backbone Trail in Kisatchie is a good 8 mile backpacking trail. The only place you will find rocks to hike on in Louisiana.
Ok thanks .. ive been looking into that park. But there website little lacking.

Ok thanks .. ive been looking into that park. But there website little lacking.
The National Forest website is tough to navigate. If you go to MyTopos map website the trail is on the map.

Check out Pack & Paddle website. They have a general outline map of the trial. Good place to start. I've hiked it a few times and always enjoy it. Can be done in a day easy but I normally like to take my time and camp a night or two. Plenty of great spots to camp.

The National Forest website is tough to navigate. If you go to MyTopos map website the trail is on the map.

Check out Pack & Paddle website. They have a general outline map of the trial. Good place to start. I've hiked it a few times and always enjoy it. Can be done in a day easy but I normally like to take my time and camp a night or two. Plenty of great spots to camp.
do you just pick a spot or are there designated spots?

do you just pick a spot or are there designated spots?
Pick a spot. I liked hiking from the north trail head to the south. the southern half is much more scenic. About 4 miles from the north trailhead is a nice rocky bluff to camp on. We normally camp in the creek bottoms to be close to water if we are with a bigger group.

It is a 2.5 mile walk from one trialhead to the other if you don't have an extra car in the group. I've done it solo twice and didn't mind the walk. I normally park at the southern side and walk the road first then camp when I reach the first creek. There are two creek crossings that are too wide to jump so I just go barefoot through them.

This sounds like a good place to start . Thanks for the info. Im still gathering gear . Im shooting for mid march or so.

This sounds like a good place to start . Thanks for the info. Im still gathering gear . Im shooting for mid march or so.
If you need a hiking partner I'm always up for this one. I do it solo a few times a year when I don't have somebody willing to go.

yeah definitly.. like i said im trying to get ready for around 14th of march.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

Back