Hey All

Hey Everyone,

Just introducing myself, as I've gathered is the custom here. I've been on a bit of a backpacking hiatus the past few years (with a few exceptions) as I was finishing up grad school, but prior to that I lived off and on in the Sierra for a few years and have taken a handful of trips throughout the West. I live in Tennessee now, so not a whole lot of backpacking these days, but my wife and I try to get up into the Appalachians when we have time and we'll be taking a trip out to the Wind Rivers, San Juans, and southern Utah later this summer. Anyway, this looks like a great resource and I'll be happy to give and receive advice/stories/photos/etc. in the future.

Welcome. I don't think I've seen any reports from TN. Would be cool to hear about what it's like down there.

I live in Jackson, get beyond the Winds to Absaroka, Gros Ventre, and Tetons north of MT. Moran. If I an help with a shuttle or something else let me know. Bienvenido hombre!

Welcome, and yes....Charles Woodson was the much more deserving candidate for the Heisman Trophy in 1997. Hail!

I'm a native Yankee (upstate NY), so fortunately I haven't contracted the Peyton Manning obsession that seems to be in the water down here.

Not sure if I have any recent trips in TN to report on, but I did a quick overnighter into the Joyce Kilmer-Slickrock Wilderness a few weeks ago that was pretty cool (I think it's technically in North Carolina but right on the border). Maybe I'll post up some photos of that soon.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone. This seems like a great forum.