Canvas prints?

I am curious as to how it gets mounted to the wall? Almost flush or does it have some kind of backing that sets it away from the wall?

It had a wood frame mounted on the back, inset about 4-5" from the outside edge and about an inch thick so that it makes the metal look like it's floating on the wall. I'd take a pic and show you but my wife stole it and took it to her office.

I do quite like the metal prints - was going to take a photo of mine for you but Nick's seems to show it (I can if you like). I tried one after seeing a gallery in Blanding (if any of you live near there) and they really stood out (it's very near an outfitters called Four Corners).
He had them done at BayPhoto in San Francisco, who I presume are well known? If you go on Bayphoto website they offer a huge range of paper, metal, framing, other options I'd never heard of. Quite cheap, 40% off until Feb 11, no tax outside California & their customer services people are brilliant for helping with questions about the huge array of options. Answers some of the issues above too. If you don't like glossy, they do mid-gloss, Satin and 2 other options. And for about $30 they will send you 5 samples, so you can make a deci
sion what you like best

Had a 40x60 canvas wrap done at my preferred lab, WHCC, while they were running a 20% off sale last week. It was something of an experiment to see how well a single shot (no stitching) from my Canon 6D would handle the enlargement. The effective ppi at than size is somewhere around 85, so not great. But I'm pretty happy with the result. It looks pretty good even from a foot or so away... and looks fantastic from 10 feet.

It turns out, 40x60 is huge. I don't have a big enough wall for it right now.

IMG_5561.JPG

Nice man. Canvas is pretty forgiving in terms of resolution for printing big. The texture really hides any softness you may get from not having enough resolution.