Boatpacking in the YNP.

Thanks Justin. I sold all of my Nikon gear last year and now have the urge to get something new. I've wanted to give the Canon line a try for sometime. It seemed I was always the odd guy out in Yellowstone with my Nikon camera. Predominantly Canon shooters without a doubt. But, my Nikon served me well so I have no complaints. What type of lenses were you using in your photos?

Kevin.

The majority of the pics from this trip were with my Canon 24-105 f4 L. I did use my Tamron 10-17 fisheye for a few though. The 24-105 is a great all around lens on a full frame camera. I use it the majority of the time for stills and video.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

From what I have gathered, am I correct in assuming the L glass is Canons best glass, and that the 60D is full frame? After having Nikon for so many years, I'm trying to educate myself with the Canon line. I've never owned a fisheye lens, but it is something that I've always wanted to try. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Kevin.

From what I have gathered, am I correct in assuming the L glass is Canons best glass, and that the 60D is full frame? After having Nikon for so many years, I'm trying to educate myself with the Canon line. I've never owned a fisheye lens, but it is something that I've always wanted to try. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Kevin.

Yes, Canon's L series is their top of the line. My camera is the 6D which is full frame. There is a Canon 60D which is not full frame.

Yes, Canon's L series is their top of the line. My camera is the 6D which is full frame. There is a Canon 60D which is not full frame.

Thanks Justin. My mistake with the 60D reference. After seeing the price of the 6D, I think I might be better off financially with the 7D, and then start with the 24-105mm f/4 L lens. Adorama has some good deals on a new refurbished 7D and a new refurbished 24-105 L lens with warranty. I've gone this route before without any problems. In regards to the fisheye lens, you said Tamron 10-17mm, but I seem to only find a Tokina 10-17mm fisheye.

Kevin.

Thanks Justin. My mistake with the 60D reference. After seeing the price of the 6D, I think I might be better off financially with the 7D, and then start with the 24-105mm f/4 L lens. Adorama has some good deals on a new refurbished 7D and a new refurbished 24-105 L lens with warranty. I've gone this route before without any problems. In regards to the fisheye lens, you said Tamron 10-17mm, but I seem to only find a Tokina 10-17mm fisheye.

Kevin.

You're right, it's a Tokina. If you get the 7D you will probably want a wider lens than the 24-105. The 17-55 was made for crop sensors like the 7D. Most people find that 24 is not wide enough on a crop sensor camera.