Beginner from Louisiana

Gridiron504

Hey guys! New to this forum and generally new to the hobby of backpacking, camping, and hiking. I was born and raised in Louisiana and I'm a full time student studying Criminal Justice. I've always been outdoors fishing, exploring, or riding with friends. So picking up this hobby is my next step into my love for the outdoors. I also really enjoy gaming, going to the shooting range, and above all else food. I joined this forum to meet new people with similar interests and above all to learn as much as possible about the art while discovering new ways to experience it. Just started to look at gear to buy, thought the best way to go right now is to buy essentials and do research. If there's one thing I don't like, it's being reliant on gear. Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving!

Welcome! I do believe there's somebody else here from Louisiana... I can't remember who though

Welcome! I do believe there's somebody else here from Louisiana... I can't remember who though

Welcome, so what type of gaming do you enjoy? My two main activities include outdoor pursuits and playing boardgames, then followed brewing and all of the various critters in our yard and house (Chickens, Bees, Cats, Fish, Red Wiggler Worms, you get the idea.)

Welcome, so what type of gaming do you enjoy? My two main activities include outdoor pursuits and playing boardgames, then followed brewing and all of the various critters in our yard and house (Chickens, Bees, Cats, Fish, Red Wiggler Worms, you get the idea.)

Thanks! I was referring to video games mainly, in which case I like a far range of categories. But I also thoroughly enjoy board games and card games as well! What's some of your favorites?

My other main forum I use is boardgamegeek.com. I play in a gaming group once a month and we try a bunch of new games all of the time. I have been playing one called Catacombs which is fun, also love packing around games like Hive and Push It. They are small enough to fit in a pocket and are durable enough to be played anywhere.